1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Green Card never came

HI all:

I am totally frustrated.
    Here is the time line on my case:

April 2006---went for interview and officer said my case will be approve pending background check.
    June 2006--- asked to come to office again and this time to bring my birth certificate. I did that and was told case approved and card will be made in my birth name instead of driver license name and to go home and wait for card.

I waited and waited---NEVER received any WELCOME LETTER or CARD, and the online system was not updated.

Before my EAD card expired in May 2007, I called USCIS and inquire where to file. I actually spoke to an immigration officer from Chicago who pulled up my case file on their system and she gave me the address to file and she told me to send check and application for renewal of EAD to Chicago office. I did, got a receipt #... but never heard anything back since, nor did the system updates.

While I was renewing my EAD, I was wrote a letter to the Laguna CA office to have them do a search to find out where my application from temporary to permanent card is. I received a letter back from them about a month later stating that my WELCOMED letter and Green Card were sent to my address in October 2006. I did not receive any such mail, nor have I moved in the last 12 years.

I immediately called USCIS and they told me they will resend that card out to the same address. That was June 4th 2007.

Till date, I have not received nor seen any Green Card in my mail. I have called and reported to the Postal Inspector etc.... Also have made appointment at INFO and went to local office to try and get a STAMP in my passport.

NO they will not do that. I had to file a I-90. Was told by the officer that I can file it free of charge and when that I-90 appears on the system, then she will STAMP my passport. Fair enough, I did exactly that.

No today, some 60+ days later, I called to see if the I -90 showed up on the system yet, so that I can get my passport STAMPED to proof my legal status to take the RE Broker exam in CA.

GOOD GRIEF----- I was told, because I did not pay when I filed the I -90, I probably have to wait 6 months before they will tell me anything. That if I want that to show up quicker, I must pay the $290 fee. I told them I already paid for the EAD card which I did not need to ---can that not count toward this I-90 after it is not my fault that the card did not show up.

Lady said NO...you have to pay.....

What has USCIS come down to??? Isn't this daylight robbery??? We pay and pay and pay and get no results even if its not our fault...we pay some more.

Anyone know what to do besides PAYING ...so that I can get a STAMP in my passport????
    This is so silly....my application shows up as APPROVED on the system....why can't I get my passport STAMPED or a letter stating my legal status is beyon my comprehension. Is not like I am making this up...its showing up on the system...so why can't they give me a letter or a certificate or STAMP the passport???? HELP ME understand that and also get beyon this point.

Ridiculous---its been a year since the approval and NO CARD, NO STAMP in passport....nothing.... but a demand to pay.

HI all:

I am totally frustrated.
    Here is the time line on my case:

April 2006---went for interview and officer said my case will be approve pending background check.
    June 2006--- asked to come to office again and this time to bring my birth certificate. I did that and was told case approved and card will be made in my birth name instead of driver license name and to go home and wait for card.

I waited and waited---NEVER received any WELCOME LETTER or CARD, and the online system was not updated.

Before my EAD card expired in May 2007, I called USCIS and inquire where to file. I actually spoke to an immigration officer from Chicago who pulled up my case file on their system and she gave me the address to file and she told me to send check and application for renewal of EAD to Chicago office. I did, got a receipt #... but never heard anything back since, nor did the system updates.

While I was renewing my EAD, I was wrote a letter to the Laguna CA office to have them do a search to find out where my application from temporary to permanent card is. I received a letter back from them about a month later stating that my WELCOMED letter and Green Card were sent to my address in October 2006. I did not receive any such mail, nor have I moved in the last 12 years.

I immediately called USCIS and they told me they will resend that card out to the same address. That was June 4th 2007.

Till date, I have not received nor seen any Green Card in my mail. I have called and reported to the Postal Inspector etc.... Also have made appointment at INFO and went to local office to try and get a STAMP in my passport.

NO they will not do that. I had to file a I-90. Was told by the officer that I can file it free of charge and when that I-90 appears on the system, then she will STAMP my passport. Fair enough, I did exactly that.

No today, some 60+ days later, I called to see if the I -90 showed up on the system yet, so that I can get my passport STAMPED to proof my legal status to take the RE Broker exam in CA.

GOOD GRIEF----- I was told, because I did not pay when I filed the I -90, I probably have to wait 6 months before they will tell me anything. That if I want that to show up quicker, I must pay the $290 fee. I told them I already paid for the EAD card which I did not need to ---can that not count toward this I-90 after it is not my fault that the card did not show up.

Lady said NO...you have to pay.....

What has USCIS come down to??? Isn't this daylight robbery??? We pay and pay and pay and get no results even if its not our fault...we pay some more.

Anyone know what to do besides PAYING ...so that I can get a STAMP in my passport????
    This is so silly....my application shows up as APPROVED on the system....why can't I get my passport STAMPED or a letter stating my legal status is beyon my comprehension. Is not like I am making this up...its showing up on the system...so why can't they give me a letter or a certificate or STAMP the passport???? HELP ME understand that and also get beyon this point.

Ridiculous---its been a year since the approval and NO CARD, NO STAMP in passport....nothing.... but a demand to pay.