50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Green Card with the wrong name ! Help pls. !

I got my I 751 approved 8 weeks ago. Today I received my GC with my picture, my correct A# and with a totally different name ! first and last !!!! and wrong DOB (30 years difference!) Any clue what to do?

I got my I 751 approved 8 weeks ago. Today I received my GC with my picture, my correct A# and with a totally different name ! first and last !!!! and wrong DOB (30 years difference!) Any clue what to do?

Hey, seems like even the I-751 you received should have been mine after all, and maybe the card is mine too, maybe you need to send them to me

Just kidding.

Am waiting for I-751 approval hence you are better than us.Reminds me of the story about the man who used to complain they have no shoes until they met someone who had no legs!

Hey about your question, how about just sending the card back by registered mail to the address it came from plus a photocopy of your I751 approval and a letter asking them to send you your correct card?

Better still, how about delivering the wrong card to them in person if thats convenient with you?

Hello Freddy,

Can you please tell us what was your service center and how long did it take you to get your I 751 approved with timeline?

Nebraska, Rceipt date 04/01/03 and approved 7/09/04

I will go to my district office, but how would a mistake like this happen? my picture, a different person's name and a DOB of a 64 yrs. old man!!!! I am 32. HOW?

That can easily happen.Its no big deal.

Think about it.

Did you hear how one woman was impanted with the wrong culture from someone else's set of s e m e n, during artificial insemination? Its the same idea. Someone was thinking about other things when they were on the job and they ended up mixing up stuff.Have you ever ended up putting something in the wrong place from where you intended after losing concentration, say when in the kitchen or in the office and you had to get yourself more focussed to get it right the next time around?

Your issue should be easy to fix once you notify them of the discrepancy.I would not have headaches over this one.

Freddy,

What you have to do is file a form I-90, and select the checkbox that states that there is an error in the card, and becauses is an error from USCIS you DO NOT HAVE to pay the filing fee.

What a messup, Just came from the districe office, they had all my file screwed up with someone else, they told me to wait a yeat for my new card!

Did they make you file an I-89 or an I-90 form?