50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: merits hearing

my boyfriend is an italian citizen who has been living in this country as a legal alien since he was 7 years old. he has two arrests, one for shoplifting and one for paraphernalia in 2000 and 2001, respectively. he left the country in 2005 to settle a family estate. when he got back, immigration took his (foreign) passport and green card. he's now in the middle of this crazy court case, and we could use some help.
    can anyone explain why he had these arrests on his record for five years, but there was no trouble until he tried to re-enter the country?
    also, he is going to have a merits hearing coming up. we're in the process of hiring a lawyer, but i was wondering if any one had ever been through a merits hearing, and could let me know what takes place? thanks.

my boyfriend is an italian citizen who has been living in this country as a legal alien since he was 7 years old. he has two arrests, one for shoplifting and one for paraphernalia in 2000 and 2001, respectively. he left the country in 2005 to settle a family estate. when he got back, immigration took his (foreign) passport and green card. he's now in the middle of this crazy court case, and we could use some help.
    can anyone explain why he had these arrests on his record for five years, but there was no trouble until he tried to re-enter the country?
    also, he is going to have a merits hearing coming up. we're in the process of hiring a lawyer, but i was wondering if any one had ever been through a merits hearing, and could let me know what takes place? thanks.

You'll have to provide more information on the criminal convictions (statute of conviction, plea, sentence imposed, state or federal charges...); without such information it would be really hard for anybody here to give you an opinion. In any case, this is the kind of case you'll need to discuss with a lawyer.

-THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE-

You should seriously consider psychotherapy to be involved with such a disgusting dirtbag; We don't need this trash in America ! Where is your dignity, self worth and respect for your country ???

Son of Stupid, you should seriously consider psychotherapy to be such a disgusting dirtbag. Where is your dignity and self worth?