50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Depression in Immigrants from equatorial countries.........

now living in northern states with much les sunlight. Since being married my husband, an african immigrant, has battled what he calls "times of sadness". I am more sure it is depression he is dealing with. I knew it was at its worse when he requested we look into medication. He is adamantly against what he calls anything unatural. Any reponses from other people dealing with this would be great!!

now living in northern states with much les sunlight. Since being married my husband, an african immigrant, has battled what he calls "times of sadness". I am more sure it is depression he is dealing with. I knew it was at its worse when he requested we look into medication. He is adamantly against what he calls anything unatural. Any reponses from other people dealing with this would be great!!

He's not depressed, he's up to something. So you better watch close. I've heard this story before.

Seriously, no one will give you a better advice than your heart.
    A person feels depressed when his life is misbalanced and insecure. Your instincts will show you the way how to comfort your husband; you just have to believe in yourself...

He thinks he would like to live in Florida, over my dead crocodile chewed body...just kidding! Maybe, he would be more happy there. Goodgam, what do you mean you've heard this story before? Examples.....? Mpodcsin, you sounds like a really compassionate person....thank you for responding! It is just really hard to watch someone you love struggling so much. I think besides the sunlight deficiency, many immigrants (mostly those from impoverished countries) come here seeking the American dream and when they realize financial worries are everywhere they feel really let down. One of the things I fell in love with was his positive attitude. He was always the life of the party. He doesn't want to socialize anymore, he doesn't care about what he looks like (used to be impecable), sleeps a couple hours a night, losing weight, doesn't eat. I have actually heard him crying in the shower.

please write immigration issue here

What is stressing him out? How much do know about what he went thru in his Country? Might help if u find out the source of the stress!!!
    AOS from F1 "overstay" to
    Sept.2004 Got hitched
    10/03/06 AOS packet mailed
    10.09.06 recieved
    10.16.06 Recieved NOAs
    10.18.06 all Touched
    10.19.06 I 765 Touched and Medical mailed
    10.24.06 recieved biometrics letter
    10.26.06 I 130 touched

I think he had these hopes of making it big with a business and being able to take care of his relatives in Africa. it isn't happening.