free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: help please!!!!

question:
    I live in Seattle but meet my wife in Texas and we got married in Texas Feb 2003. She is a US citizen. However, my wife has decided that she wants a divorce and doesn't want to move to Seattle. I was in the process of filing my papers through a lawyer in Texas. The Lawyer in Texas was going to send the papers to Seattle INS office. So now i'm at a loss of not knowing whats the next step? what should i do?

question:
    I live in Seattle but meet my wife in Texas and we got married in Texas Feb 2003. She is a US citizen. However, my wife has decided that she wants a divorce and doesn't want to move to Seattle. I was in the process of filing my papers through a lawyer in Texas. The Lawyer in Texas was going to send the papers to Seattle INS office. So now i'm at a loss of not knowing whats the next step? what should i do?

Michael
    You buy a ticket to whatever h_e_l_l hole you came from and you go back. That's the next step. Seattle is the armpit of America but still better than any foreign country.

there are plenty of experts on the board that may help you better. I take it that you have not had your interview for the first time. If you did not have that yet, you and your wife really need to talk and see if she can mediate with you and come to some sort of civilized solution. Please consult and attorney too.
    Give us some more information. You have been married all this time and only now you choose to file the papers?

Wish,
    thx for you respond.
    The Lawyer i had consulted in Texas has all my papers and she is the one who took her time to file. She had suggested that since i live in seattle, my papers should be send to Seattle office of which she never did. I paid her for the service already....to this day she has not done anything but lie to me about filing the papers.....i think my wife may have met someone. i can't prove it. her excuses don't make sense. i'm out of status already...thats all the information i have.

Unfortunately, if you have not filed the paperwork as of yet and your wife wants a divorce and gets it, you are out of luck. You may want to talk to the lawyer and see if the paperwork was filed, however even if it was you will need your wife to come to the interview with you. Speak to your attorney, then your wife and based on what they say you will have your decision.

ngo-this is so sad. i did everything on my own with out consulting an attorney. you give your money to someone you can trust and look at what happens.
    what can I say. consult another attorney?
    its complicated because there are several things that u have to prove. Truth is the way that INS works in the year that you guys were together you could have gotten your conditional green card in 8 months (matter of luck) or 10 and of course more months or not even have a CR interview by now. She still would need to go to the interview with u but at least you guys were together back then...
    Can she try and help you somehow? Here is another suggestion. Consult your congressmen. Its very important piece of advice they have access to information and can help you somehow. Please call him and explain your situation. They have INS caseworkers for these issues.

Wish & ardainia,

My laywer in Texas had filed the papers and the INS asked for 2 documents, i submitted the documents to the lawyer. Then, the lawyer resubmitted the papers. the last i heard from the lawyer was that Texas office was backed up so they have a new system that lawyers can make an appointment for an interview, finger prints done with one visit. So the lawyer pulled my folder so that she could make an appointment, this was in May, now its June. I don't if what the lawyer said was true about the new system.....beginning of June is when my wife started acting up.

anyway, i have made an appointment with a lwayer. so consult her and hear what she says.
    Wish, I will research on the congressmen thing. Thx guys.
    Ngo...