50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Marriage Based Greencard

I have been married to my USC wife about 19 months. We had been dating for about 4 years before that in college. We got married, and I got my greencard. It seems though we would be a good married couple, but it turns out we were only good boyfriend/grilfriend. Being married is a completely different story. Our families arent on the same page, and on most family issues, ie kids, finances, etc, we are not on the same page. To make a long story short, it seems as though splitting is our best option. I have had my greencard for about 14 months only. I dont want to lose that. What is the process of getting a divorce before the 2 years? We might try to see a counselor, and that might make things work for now. What are the step to get a divorce after the 2 years? I know that I start to apply for removeal of my condition 3 months before my 2 years. Does that mean that after my condition is removed I can get a divorce without threat of losing my greencard, and rights to become a citizen?

I have been married to my USC wife about 19 months. We had been dating for about 4 years before that in college. We got married, and I got my greencard. It seems though we would be a good married couple, but it turns out we were only good boyfriend/grilfriend. Being married is a completely different story. Our families arent on the same page, and on most family issues, ie kids, finances, etc, we are not on the same page. To make a long story short, it seems as though splitting is our best option. I have had my greencard for about 14 months only. I dont want to lose that. What is the process of getting a divorce before the 2 years? We might try to see a counselor, and that might make things work for now. What are the step to get a divorce after the 2 years? I know that I start to apply for removeal of my condition 3 months before my 2 years. Does that mean that after my condition is removed I can get a divorce without threat of losing my greencard, and rights to become a citizen?

This is a very common scenario, this video will help you keep your green card

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YvyfAh_7ZV0

Someone respond to this if they can help.

LOL ! I remember that one Darkforce! very cute...and thanks for making me feel OLDer than I really am! (actually my mamma used to sing that some...that's how I know it)!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Darkforce:
    This is a very common scenario, this video will help you keep your green card

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YvyfAh_7ZV0 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    God Bless America ! Love IT ....or LEAVE it !

This is advice I give all who are in your situation

If you are the alien, best advice I will give you is to work reallll hard onn your marriage until 751 has approval/ or are called to interview to get approval. Guaranteed/Sure thing if marriage is real. anything less has no guarantee, or less of guarantee of being approved.

but 10yrs card is a small prize.

So if you really work hard, you will stick around to file citizenship based on 3 years marriage to usc. you may even be eligible to file the paperwork for n-400 right now. check your timeline for when you eligible to file and your 751 does not have to be approved yet either for you to file to get paperwork going on this.

6 years is long time. long term investment. I think counseling would help you to acheive your goals in marriage and immigration. true marriage is not same as boyfriend/girlfriend. so please give marriage a chance, especially if you have children or were considering children.

SEE,, I can feel your marriage getting better already

antivirus .. this is a c/p from another post. you are not eligible right now to apply for citizenship... but if you hang in there, you soon will be using your marriage to apply for citizenshuip sooner.

To MIchael/darkforce:

a thump on the head for video that has nothing to do with the thread and not giving poster an immigration answer/advice. I dont know, but I think someone said they banned this type of thing from public tv b/c it was disrepect to ethnic culture.

ditto to got faith for thinking that michael's racist video was cute.