50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: any peanlty charge by INS if I don't file I 751 remove condition before 2 year?

I came to U.S and got the conditional green card in March 2003, I did file I751 in 2004, but everything is still under progressed now that is more that 5 years.
    I was just told I would have $3500 pernalty charge since I did not successfully file my I751 within the last 5 years..
    anybody have any ideas or hearing anything about this issue.

thanks

I came to U.S and got the conditional green card in March 2003, I did file I751 in 2004, but everything is still under progressed now that is more that 5 years.
    I was just told I would have $3500 pernalty charge since I did not successfully file my I751 within the last 5 years..
    anybody have any ideas or hearing anything about this issue.

thanks

Hello getmhy

You said that you did file your 751. It is still pending I think you are trying to say.

What service center did you file and why is it still pending? is it in the marriage fraud department?

Have you applied for n-400 yet? if not, you should as you have been long overdue and eligible. It would have forced your I-751 to have been adjudicated.

5 years???? Something is wrong; didnt you ever bother asking them whats taking so long? Sounds like they lost it. Probably Mexican workers.

If you have already filed your I-751, there can be no penalty for not filing. There also cannot be a penalty placed on you for the USCIS not INS for not making a decision. I am curious as to why they are taking so long. Any complications in your case?

I filed I 751 (jointly) back in 2004, as of now, it has not been adjudicated.
    I do have compliated situation. My husband stole my passport, documents and all my money when I first arrived, he extorted money from me and my family over and over again over the last couple of years. I did not live with my husband since then. In 2007, he went to immigration office with me for the interview and he told the officer I gave him money for the marriage. But at the same time he also admited he stole my passport and everything.
    Now I hired a lawyer to file the I360(battered spouse) in 2007, it has been 19 months already, there is still not results.

I also filed N400 in 2005 and passed the interview already, but I guessed since I did not have the permanent green card so I could not do the nautralization yet.

so basically I have my I751, I360 and N400 ALL pending....

My laywer said the chance for me to get any of those approved is really little, he suggested me to apply H1B with my full time job in order to stay in the U.S...

Oh what a scamming liar. If anyone "stole" your passport, you can easily get a new one at a local consulate. Or are you really that lame? I doubt very much that your husband would be dumb enough to admit to committing a felony in front of a government agency and exposing himself to 5 years in jail. Do you think we are dumb to believe this story?

I doubt your lawyer really said that. If the agency finds you committed marriage fraud, then there is a permanant ban on receiving any green card. Would you now care to tell us the truth because your story has more holes than swiss cheese and it smells just as bad !

thanks for all your input,
    no matter what, that is what happened to me and i am really struggling now.
    I would like some positive energy to keep the case going.
    I go to immigration office to continue my visa every half year for the pending case.