Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: APPROVED: sample letters illustrating "extreme hardship" under I-601

Originally posted by katieshreiner:
    Writing hardship letters does not have to be difficult, but you need to know what your lender is looking for. Many homeowners simply do not understand the basics of writing an effective hardship letter and this is costing them their homes.
    hardship letter
    Ahe he he, hmph! Am I on the same planet? Sorry, but theese hardship letters for immigration is miles and miles apart from what, real estate/loans hardship letters.... haist!!!

Is it possible for me to use parts of these letter examples as templates, and modify little details? In other words, is that plagiarizing?

I am referring to the letters on page one of this forum.

boo hoo hoo. these RIDICULOUS FRAUDSTER letters make me want to **** !!!!! They are begging for forgiveness for committing crimes against AMERICA THE GREAT US OF A and now pretend to be sincere. Why would they be sincere now after they defrauded an innocent American fraudstee ? The 601 waiver is the most absurd law ever and basically says, no matter what you do, you will get a green card. Then why the hell bother going through the motions of denials, etc... if they are just going to write a boo hoo *** letter and get their precious green card anyway ?

Templates are what they are, templates.
    Imagine one reaching the desk of officer who had made a decision based on similar one already.
    Considering that this thread had over 300K visitors on ilw.com alone do you want to risk sending one of hundreds if not thousands of similar sounding waiver letters?

Sometimes I openly question motivation of posters on those sites like immigrate2us.net (some of them consistently give misleading, unlawful advises to visitors , but be prepared to get your posts deleted by mods if
    you ever point to law/reg or caselaw that contradicts their advises ).

Use public advise by laymen on public boards at your own risk!

Quote Originally Posted by Senator Ehigie Uzamere View Post
    boo hoo hoo. these RIDICULOUS FRAUDSTER letters make me want to **** !!!!! They are begging for forgiveness for committing crimes against AMERICA THE GREAT US OF A and now pretend to be sincere. Why would they be sincere now after they defrauded an innocent American fraudstee ? The 601 waiver is the most absurd law ever and basically says, no matter what you do, you will get a green card. Then why the hell bother going through the motions of denials, etc... if they are just going to write a boo hoo *** letter and get their precious green card anyway ?
    Unfortunately, it is not that easy. I have helped clients with hundreds of similar cases and, depending upon the powers to be in regard to which country you are immigrating from, no matter how sad your story, you may not be approved. Secondly, proofs must be provided in order to support the claims that you make in these letters. Otherwise they mean little to nothing. Thirdly, it is usually a matter of personal opinion by the person reviewing the case. I have seen people with REAL MAJOR hardships denied and persons with LITTLE hardships approved. So just because they have a sad story is not a 100% guarantee. Fourthly, we are speaking of the separation of undocumented immigrants whom are usually the spouses and parents of lawful residents or citizens. These persons are working and supporting their families here in the United States of America. Take that income away from that family and now you have family members that are lawfully here but can no longer afford to feed their children, to pay for their school or medical care and THEN those persons may very well become a charge on our government through government assistance paid by your tax dollars. So where is the logic of denying a wage earner and contributor to both their family's welfare and our economy reentry to our country. Remember, many of these undocumented workers pay taxes like you and me. That's why the IRS issues ITIN numbers to these persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Smith-Barrera View Post
    I'm faced with the reality of having to write my own extrem hardship letter as I speak...However I wanted to see if anyone with experience in this situation can tell me if there is a certain way to submit it. Does the I-601 for, extreeem hardship letter and evidence documents needs to be in a particular order and/or need to be mailed in a giant envelop....Please help!

Also, is it recommended to hire an immigration lawyer for this, or is this something I can do on my own (to save lawyer expenses)?

Thanks
    Smith-Barrera

Hi Smith-Barrera,
    After many years, you might have learnt the answers to your questions. Now, we are in April/2016, and I am facing the same questions that you posted on March/2011. Could it possible for you to share yours answers? Thanks in advance.
    P.S. Whoever knows the answers go ahead please and respond. (links are OK, but they must redirect directly to the expected answer).
    Thank you again.
    Last edited by gerardoIK; 04-12-2016 at 11:19 AM.

I think you should hire an immigration attorney and if the attorney advises you to do so, you should then hire a psychotherapist to write a report [not a little letter] that fully details the extreme hardship that the U.S. Citizen or LPR would suffer upon the removal of the undocumented person. While this involves cost, "doing your own brain surgery" can be dangerous. I think it is very unlikely for an extreme hardship claim to be granted without a psychotherapist's report and I see bad extreme hardship reports written by psychotherapists all the time. These reports are letters, not reports, tend to run from 1 to 5 pages, and are the result of one or two client interviews. They are losers. They do not provide the type of evidence that USCIS is looking for. Whatever little money is spent on these reports is likely to be wasted.

A fully documented extreme hardship report, which in essence is a psychosocial assessment, involving interviews of all of the family members, investigation into country conditions in the place of potential removal, considering both scenarios [the U.S. citizen accompanying the removee, and not accompanying him], etc. significantly increases the chances of providing the type of evidence to USCIS to prevail. This report is likely to run from 20-35 pages.

Many people feel that USCIS sees its job as looking for holes or flaws in an extreme hardship report so as to be able to deny a claim. Thus great care is needed in drafting that report.

If you have any questions please contact me at 774 935 3480. Phyllis Gould, LCSW

Thanks, you guys that is a great explanation. keep up the good work in your granite topic.

Thanks for collecting all of the approved letters in one place. I've found pieces of advice here and there (immigration hardship waiver) but then stumbled on this forum where all of the information is collected in one place. I'm very, very grateful! I don't know why I'm feeling so emotional. Maybe because I am nervous. Again, thank you, NeedHelpFast!