Copyright
1995-2014
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: approved I-360

Hey guys,
    I'm new here and have a quick question. I have approved I-360 since 8/14/2007, my lawyer said I need to file I-485 again in order to schedule an interview.
    But I already filed I-485 2 years ago along with I-130, I-131, I-765. on the bases of marriage.

What should I do ?
    Thank you.

Hey guys,
    I'm new here and have a quick question. I have approved I-360 since 8/14/2007, my lawyer said I need to file I-485 again in order to schedule an interview.
    But I already filed I-485 2 years ago along with I-130, I-131, I-765. on the bases of marriage.

What should I do ?
    Thank you.

First, fire that lawyer. Sounds like an idiot. You do not have to file another I-485. Get infopass and ask USCIS whats going on.

I was hoping I wont have to do that, because it's extra 2500 dollars, that I would have to come up with.

What happened with your old application? Was it denied?
    Anyway, you do need to file another I-485, because now you are applying on the basis of approved I-360, not on the basis of marriage; it's the different story and you need new supporting documentation.
    If your I-360 was related with domestic violence, you may be eligible for filing fee waiver. Check out the instruction for I-485.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by toofast:
    I was hoping I wont have to do that, because it's extra 2500 dollars, that I would have to come up with. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where do you come up with $2500? The form is no where near that; is that what the lawyer charged???

The form is only $1000; how do you get $2500? And you filed it along with the other forms so why file again?

Please, once again, never listen to others on this site. I am the only one that knows what I am talking about here. I honestly don't know why people offer advice on things they know nothing about. Who said anything about domestic violence ?

application is almost $1000 and lawyer's fee is $1500, and yes my I-360 was approved because of abusive spouse, but I still don't think I need to file I-485 again, and finally, no, my original I-485 was not denied, it's still pending.

Oh no; another "abused spouse" scammer. Sorry I offered my help. Glad to see at least you got ripped off by a lawyer.
    $2500 for a $1000 form; LOL

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">application is almost $1000 and lawyer's fee is $1500, and yes my I-360 was approved because of abusive spouse, but I still don't think I need to file I-485 again, and finally, no, my original I-485 was not denied, it's still pending. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unless your spouse will prepare new affidavit of support for you and will appear on the interview, you cannot use the old marriage-based I-485 form.
    You absolutely don't need lawyer's help anymore. Since your I-360 got approved, you should not have any problems with I-485, it's just a formality. You can apply for work authorization or driver license now; however, if you want greencard, you have to use new I-485.