50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: I-751

my wife and I are ready to file the I-751 to remove the condition on my residence. we went back to the attorney that originally filed our case 2 years ago but he wants a lot of money to do this.
    the form and requirements seem quite simple, so we are wondering if anyone has any advice? is it worth paying an attorney to avoid any kind of mistakes or should we file on our own? we also want to make sure we mail it to the correct Service Center, etc.
    we have our home grant deed, bank mortgage, 2 years of taxes, 2 yrs of bank statements, utility bills, car insurance and lot of photos from all our trips and parties. is that enough??
    any help or suggestions would be deeply appreciated! thanks!

my wife and I are ready to file the I-751 to remove the condition on my residence. we went back to the attorney that originally filed our case 2 years ago but he wants a lot of money to do this.
    the form and requirements seem quite simple, so we are wondering if anyone has any advice? is it worth paying an attorney to avoid any kind of mistakes or should we file on our own? we also want to make sure we mail it to the correct Service Center, etc.
    we have our home grant deed, bank mortgage, 2 years of taxes, 2 yrs of bank statements, utility bills, car insurance and lot of photos from all our trips and parties. is that enough??
    any help or suggestions would be deeply appreciated! thanks!

My advice might not help, but when I filed to have my husband become a permanent resident we never went to a lawyer. They had a service here where you paid a small fee(ours was $75) and they did all the paperwork and would mail it out. I do not know if they would do the same for an I-751 or not.

Thanks Asid. My wife is doing some reading right now and the more we research the more we think we should save on the attorney fee. I would use the service here, but we were out of the country and came back late ... we have 15 days left to file the I-751. appreciate your help tho'.

No problem California. I hope your wife finds some useful information. We searched the internet and that's how we find the place that filed our paperwork. Good Luck!

Michael
    Only criminals and retards need lawyers. You might fall into the second category; ask a lawyer.

hi california. when i was filing mine, this post was really helpful. good luck!

http://discuss.ilw.com/eve/forums/a/...21#74910692521