1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bushism's

The end of a Era coming up on Jan 20th

Some of my favorites:

"Free societies are hopeful societies. And free societies will be allies against these hateful few who have no conscience, who kill at the whim of a hat.

"They misunderestimated me."

"First, let me make it very clear, poor people aren't necessarily killers. Just because you happen to be not rich doesn't mean you're willing to kill."

"I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully."

"I'll be long gone before some smart person ever figures out what happened inside this Oval Office."

The 'misunderestimated' president?
    "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

The end of a Era coming up on Jan 20th

Some of my favorites:

"Free societies are hopeful societies. And free societies will be allies against these hateful few who have no conscience, who kill at the whim of a hat.

"They misunderestimated me."

"First, let me make it very clear, poor people aren't necessarily killers. Just because you happen to be not rich doesn't mean you're willing to kill."

"I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully."

"I'll be long gone before some smart person ever figures out what happened inside this Oval Office."

The 'misunderestimated' president?
    "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Not as good as the Barackisms:

"I'm here with the Girardo family here in St. Louis." --speaking via satellite to the Democratic National Convention, while in Kansas City, Missouri, Aug. 25, 2008

"Let me introduce to you the next President -- the next Vice President of the United States of America, Joe Biden." --slipping up while introducing Joe Biden at their first joint campaign rally, Springfield, Illinois, Aug. 23, 2008

"Just this past week, we passed out of the out of the U.S. Senate Banking Committee -- which is my committee -- a bill to call for divestment from Iran as way of ratcheting up the pressure to ensure that they don't obtain a nuclear weapon." --referring to a committee he is not on, Sderot, Israel, July 23, 2008

"Let me be absolutely clear. Israel is a strong friend of Israel's. It will be a strong friend of Israel's under a McCain...administration. It will be a strong friend of Israel's under an Obama administration. So that policy is not going to change." --Amman, Jordan, July 22, 2008

"How's it going, Sunshine?" --campaigning in Sunrise, Florida

"On this Memorial Day, as our nation honors its unbroken line of fallen heroes -- and I see many of them in the audience here today -- our sense of patriotism is particularly strong."

"Hold on one second, sweetie, we're going to do -- we'll do a press avail." --to a female reporter for ABC's Detroit affiliate who asked about his plan to help American autoworkers

"I've now been in 57 states -- I think one left to go." --at a campaign event in Beaverton, Oregon

"Why can't I just eat my waffle?" --after being asked a foreign policy question by a reporter while visiting a diner in Pennsylvania

"It's not surprising, then, they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations." --explaining his troubles winning over some working-class voters

"The point I was making was not that Grandmother harbors any racial animosity. She doesn't. But she is a typical white person, who, if she sees somebody on the street that she doesn't know, you know, there's a reaction that's been bred in our experiences that don't go away and that sometimes come out in the wrong way, and that's just the nature of race in our society."

"Come on! I just answered, like, eight questions." --exasperated by reporters after a news conference

"You're likeable enough, Hillary." --during a Democratic debate

"In case you missed it, this week, there was a tragedy in Kansas. Ten thousand people died -- an entire town destroyed." --on a Kansas tornado that killed 12 people

Brit4064: Before attempting to make fun of another person's errors, it's always a good idea to ensure that you - before making such fun of another - don't make any errors of your own.

Unfortunately, you're not quite as smart - or as perfect - as you think that you are. Indeed, you made a glaring error in the very first word of your posting...in its title.

I realize that you're not smart enough to actually know the nature of your error...evidently they don't teach English grammar in Britain - or, perhaps, you dropped out of school before they got that far.

In any event, the joke's on you!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SunDevilUSA:
    Brit4064: Before attempting to make fun of another person's errors, it's always a good idea to ensure that you - before making such fun of another - don't make any errors of your own.

Unfortunately, you're not quite as smart - or as perfect - as you think that you are. Indeed, you made a glaring error in the very first word of your posting...in its title.

I realize that you're not smart enough to actually know the nature of your error...evidently they don't teach English grammar in Britain - or, perhaps, you dropped out of school before they got that far.

In any event, the joke's on you! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If Democrats Had Any Brains, They'd Be Republicans

Democrats - Brave enough to KILL our unborn, just NOT our ENEMIES!

Devildoll: Rarely do I bother to look at your replies but just this once I did and you're wrong. Bushism is now officially recognized (with a "z" not an "s" ) as being verbal gaffes belonging to Bush Jr

Bushism is singular, Bushism's are plural (meaning more than one)

Brit4064: You're so stupid that you've now made the same grammatical mistake twice...and, like I said earlier, you don't even know what the error is!! If that wasn't so sad, it would actually be funny.

If you think that "Bushism's" is plural, then you're bordering on illiterate.

Well then high and mighty know-it-all Crapdevil..try this:

Plural

Now tell me, would "by the water of Babylon" be considered plural or singular?

And as for the apostrophe usage:

Use in forming certain plurals

An apostrophe is used by some writers to form a plural for abbreviations, acronyms, and symbols where adding just s rather than 's may leave things ambiguous or inelegant. Some specific cases:

* It is generally acceptable to use apostrophes to show plurals of single lower-case letters, such as be sure to dot your i's and cross your t's. Some style guides would prefer to use a change of font: dot your is and cross your ts. Upper case letters need no apostrophe (I got three As in my exams[33]) except when there is a risk of misreading, such as at the start of a sentence: A's are the highest marks achievable in these exams.
    * For groups of years, the apostrophe at the end cannot be regarded as necessary, since there is no possibility of misreading. For this reason, most authorities prefer 1960s to 1960's[33] (although the latter is noted by at least one source as acceptable in American usage[34]), and 90s or '90s to 90's or '90's.
    * The apostrophe is sometimes used in forming the plural of numbers (for example, 1000's of years); however, as with groups of years, it is unnecessary: there is no possibility of misreading. Most sources are against this usage.
    * The apostrophe is often used in plurals of symbols. Again, since there can be no misreading, this is often regarded as incorrect.[33] That page has too many &s and #s on it.
    * Finally, a few sources accept its use in an alternative spelling of the plurals of a very few short words, such as do, ex, yes, no, which become do's, ex's, etc.[35] In each case, dos, exes, yeses (or yesses) and noes would be preferred by most authorities. Nevertheless, many writers are still inclined to use such an apostrophe when the word is thought to look awkward or unusual without one.

Apostrophe

Bushism is a made up word in any case, presumably to mean a mannerism belonging to Bush

Brit4064: You're just too stupid for words. You obviously didn't actually read the article that you pasted into your last post. If you had actually read it, then you would realize that it doesn't say that your use of the apostrophe is correct. Perhaps if you read it slowly you might comprehend it.

Sometimes when you're wrong, you're better just to admit it and move on...instead of continuing to prove your inability with the English language with every additional post.

But it IS also used in that way too. I knew there was as reason why I have you on ignore...I remembered why now. So back to IGNORE.