free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: I-751 Question

Hello Everybody,

I am in a difficult situation and I wanted to share it with you and see if anybody else had to deal with the same issue.
    I am a conditional permanent resident, through marriage, for about 3 years. We have been married for 4 years and dating 7. Beginning of 2004 I applied to lift conditions (joint application through TSC) and even though I included everything you can possibly think of (house, insurance, loans, accounts, trips overseas, vacations etc.) my file was sent to the local office for interview. My local office is Memphis. When I asked them about the status they said it will take several more months for an interview to be scheduled and also that I was one of the "unlucky" ones they chose radomly for an interview.
    The problem is that our marriage is falling apart, mainly over arguments about issues I consider trivial. We went to counseling but it did not help and the situation is getting worse. I am not sure what the future holds but I believe that we will be divorced soon. From whatever I have read about pending I-751s on this board, especially one that for sure is going to interview, and divorce fall into a gray area. I don't want to initiate divorce. I love my wife and I hope we can stay together. I really hate it that this is something that I have to even think about in the middle of what is happening in our relationship. I hate the idea of including this too in our problems as it will be viewed as another point of friction.
    My questions are about what I should do to not have this as a factor in this critical situation. What happens if an interview letter comes, and my wife is not willing to come to the interview just the day before or just doesn't show up? I wouldn't want her to come without her will anyway. What happens if she files for divorce in the next 2 months and the interview is in 3 months or if she moves out?
    I personally want to ignore the I-751 situation and whatever happens I will deal with it at that time. It is really a big burden, but this way I will simplify my life a little. When the interview comes I may just have to seek the services of a really good firm. Maybe I am not really seeking answers here but more of a way to get my problems out of my chest.

Thanks.

Hello Everybody,

I am in a difficult situation and I wanted to share it with you and see if anybody else had to deal with the same issue.
    I am a conditional permanent resident, through marriage, for about 3 years. We have been married for 4 years and dating 7. Beginning of 2004 I applied to lift conditions (joint application through TSC) and even though I included everything you can possibly think of (house, insurance, loans, accounts, trips overseas, vacations etc.) my file was sent to the local office for interview. My local office is Memphis. When I asked them about the status they said it will take several more months for an interview to be scheduled and also that I was one of the "unlucky" ones they chose radomly for an interview.
    The problem is that our marriage is falling apart, mainly over arguments about issues I consider trivial. We went to counseling but it did not help and the situation is getting worse. I am not sure what the future holds but I believe that we will be divorced soon. From whatever I have read about pending I-751s on this board, especially one that for sure is going to interview, and divorce fall into a gray area. I don't want to initiate divorce. I love my wife and I hope we can stay together. I really hate it that this is something that I have to even think about in the middle of what is happening in our relationship. I hate the idea of including this too in our problems as it will be viewed as another point of friction.
    My questions are about what I should do to not have this as a factor in this critical situation. What happens if an interview letter comes, and my wife is not willing to come to the interview just the day before or just doesn't show up? I wouldn't want her to come without her will anyway. What happens if she files for divorce in the next 2 months and the interview is in 3 months or if she moves out?
    I personally want to ignore the I-751 situation and whatever happens I will deal with it at that time. It is really a big burden, but this way I will simplify my life a little. When the interview comes I may just have to seek the services of a really good firm. Maybe I am not really seeking answers here but more of a way to get my problems out of my chest.

Thanks.

Michael
    Oh Geez....

Cancel the interview

Get a divorce

File Appropriate waivers

Be Honest!

sorry abt your situation... I will write shortly...

if interview comes then you must go with ur wife... if she is willing to help you out things can be a lot easier for you... u should talk to her... if u need more time to make her understand , u can reschedule the interview but you have to show them genuine reason...

if nothing is going to work out then file for divorce, gather all the evidences that u have a good faith marriage and get a written note from ur wife that you got married to her in good faith... if u r divorced file for good faith waiver...

if nothing works out and still there is interview... all u can do is go there with all evidences and tell them the truth and request some time for the divorce to be finalized and then file for waiver... good luck...Pasha

I appreciate your response. Does anybody have experience with attending to the interview alone when it was supposed to be joined without providing any prior notification the local office?

In this case would the presence of an attorney be benneficial? The problem being that if an attorney has to be located in a day how can their experitise be verfified.

Thanks.

Michael
    michael lover???? XOXOOX

Yeah someone has the experience of attending the interview alone...I don't seem to remember the ID...may be its ircroxy or edgrapes or some other Russian person.... And he/she got approved...just cant remember the name... good luck if he/she writes to you or if u want to help urself out...find all I 751 posts in last 6 months...go page by page and u will find it...sorry cant do it for u...if I had time I would have done it...good luck...Pasha

I found the suggested post. Thank you.

It finally happened. My wife moved out and filed for divorce. I never brought up the I-751 application to her since I still feel the same. Do I need to notify Memphis about this? I am still waiting for the interview date which is supposed to be joined. I am assuming what I need to do is go together if the interview is before the final divorce and she is willing to come, try to postone it if she is not, or file again the I-751 with a waiver if we are divorced before the interview date, right?