free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I need help!

I've been in U.S since February 1998, i came with visa just to visit and my parents decided to stay, my visa is expired and i'm desperate to get my residency and become a legal US citizen, all i wanna do is go to college and get a descent job. please let me know if there is a way for me to get it done...

I've been in U.S since February 1998, i came with visa just to visit and my parents decided to stay, my visa is expired and i'm desperate to get my residency and become a legal US citizen, all i wanna do is go to college and get a descent job. please let me know if there is a way for me to get it done...

getting married to a U.S. citizen and adjusting your status to permanent resident is the only way for you.

If his parents are USC's can't they petition?

didn't he or she imply that they all came here on a visitor's visa and his/her parents made a decision to stay illegally?

yeah my parents made the descision to stay...i had no choice in any of it, now i'm 22 and i'm f****ed,
    ...thanks for responding... i wish there was another way to get my stuff...

So sad.

Why isn't there a program to help people like this? This woman wants to be legal, yet it seems the government is forcing her to remain illegal.

There're already mechanisms for people like her. Exit the country first and the re-enter legally under different categories that allow the pursue of permanent resident.

Ok, but wouldn't she be banned for 3 or 10 years? Not exactly an attractive offer.

Yes, wouldn't she be banned for 3 or 10 years? Or the 3/10 years bare is taken in consideration only if you have been deported? If she leaves the US on her own and then came back, can her parents apply for her? And can she then be able to adjust her status?