50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Coming to USA

I am a USAC, My boyfriend is English, and Living in the United Kingdom. We are wondering what would be the best way for him to come over here and live! We dont know much about what needs to be done for him to travel here. What are the proper stepts to take to make sure he can remain in the USA with me so we can be married ASAP. Are there certain forms he should fill out? Is there a certain Visa, Green Card? we are clueless on what we need to do. We do not want him to come here and have to leave! Like I said befor , we want to be married and start our family. If anyone has the information we need or can point us in the right direction, please feel free to help us. I love this man, is not either of our faults we where born in different countries. Thank you inadvance for any help!

I am a USAC, My boyfriend is English, and Living in the United Kingdom. We are wondering what would be the best way for him to come over here and live! We dont know much about what needs to be done for him to travel here. What are the proper stepts to take to make sure he can remain in the USA with me so we can be married ASAP. Are there certain forms he should fill out? Is there a certain Visa, Green Card? we are clueless on what we need to do. We do not want him to come here and have to leave! Like I said befor , we want to be married and start our family. If anyone has the information we need or can point us in the right direction, please feel free to help us. I love this man, is not either of our faults we where born in different countries. Thank you inadvance for any help!

I think it would probably be best to bring him to the US on a tourist visa and then marry him here and file for adjustment of status after that.

If your boyfriend comes on a tourist visa, he will not be able to work until a few months after you get married. It is not exactly legal to come here on a tourist visa when he is sure that he wants to stay in the US and get married.

If I were you, I would look into fiance visa (K-1). The processing of this visa takes a little longer, BUT he will be able eligible for work permit before you get maried. You can search for information regarding this visa on www.uscis.gov.

Thank you for your advice. Does anyone know how long it takes to get the fiance visa? is it something that can be done a few weeks befor he plans to come to usa? Thank you once again!

You need about 3-4 months before he can get his K1 visa, first of all you have to gather documents and proves that you met in person in the last 2 years, fill the form I-129 and file to USCIS, after the file is approved they announce the Consulate in UK and there he will have his passport stamped with K1 visa.The visa will give you 90 days to marry or else he must go back in UK, he cannot adjust or change status from that kind of visa.

All the best!
    Frank G. Becker & Associates
    www.USImmigrationForAll.com