free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: I don't know what I am doing

How does the work Visa thing work?
    I graduate from my high school next year and I plan on going down into the states to see my girlfriend for around a year and a half. I want to get an apartment and a job there in teh meantime that I am there. I keep getting told about a Work Visa so I am guessing that i need to figure out how to get one of those. Can anyone tell me what the **** I need to do?

How does the work Visa thing work?
    I graduate from my high school next year and I plan on going down into the states to see my girlfriend for around a year and a half. I want to get an apartment and a job there in teh meantime that I am there. I keep getting told about a Work Visa so I am guessing that i need to figure out how to get one of those. Can anyone tell me what the **** I need to do?

The most common employment visa available for non-immigrants is the H-1B visa and to qualify you need at least a bachelors degree.

You should apply for a student visa, go to school. A student visa will allow you to work part-time on campus.

Hmmm... alright. I suppose i'll try that.

Dear Friend,
    For you to have an H-1 visa, you will need someone to hire you and state that you are the only person qualified to do this or this job. This person will be responsible (sponsers) for your H-1 visa. He may pay for its expenses, but again he may ask you to pay for it. It is really not that easy though. Usually INS knows that people come in with tourist visas and try to find jobs illegally. You can get a F-1 which is a student visa and easier. Go through schools and apply and then you can get this visa through your school. Later try to get a job. I know its hard because inorder to do this you need money. With F-1 visa you can work on campus. Maybe your girlfriend helps you out. Good Luck