free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Suspension of Deportation vs. Cancellation of Removal

Have a few questions:

1.) What are the differences between the two above mentioned forms of relief?

2.) Under what other conditions except NACARA can applicants apply for Suspension of Deportation today?
    “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

Have a few questions:

1.) What are the differences between the two above mentioned forms of relief?

2.) Under what other conditions except NACARA can applicants apply for Suspension of Deportation today?
    “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

People subject to deportation before April 1997 may apply for a suspension of deportation by filing Form EOIR-40 under former § 244 of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) or Form I-881 for aliens applying under the Nicaraguan Adjustment and Central American Relief Act (NACARA).

I found the above and think, since I was already "subject" to back in 1997, I do qualify. I am looking into this, because I learned that the hardship requirements are different under SoD vs. CoR.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. A lively discussion is always appreciated.

For all practical purposes they are the same, except that COR is slightly more difficult to obtain. It does appear that you are under SOD.

I would suggest contacting the Senators and Congressman of your State and District to lobby for your relief.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by federale86:
    For all practical purposes they are the same, except that COR is slightly more difficult to obtain. It does appear that you are under SOD.

I would suggest contacting the Senators and Congressman of your State and District to lobby for your relief. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Über die Mobilisierung politischer Unterstützung, denke ich zur Zeit noch nach. In der Zwischenzeit aber, erstmals vielen Dank für Ihren sehr hilfreichen Kommentar!

Honestly, I haven't got a clue how to mobilize political support...., but I can always learn, right?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
    Did a quick read of both. It looks to be there are limitations on the number who can apply through SOD. And, there was a time requirement applicable to the time when a person was first deportable. Which may have stopped the clock at the time of the first turn down. Don't know for sure if I read it right. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So, what you are saying is, that you don't think that I can go SoD because I am no longer under the radar?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
    Give Bob a call, 202-224-4744. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Dav,

I called - spoke to his assistant (I guess). She gave me the number to his NJ-Office. I got to think how to do this. Are there any formletters that I can take a look at?

This is a circumstance where finesse and personality come into play more so than procedure and punctuation. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Got you! I will have to read up on Bob to see how I can approach him. In order to apply finesse, one has to be fully aware of a situation.

Question:

How often are congressmen approached in such matters? Do you think he has ever pulled any strings for anybody? How do courts react to letters from congress?

Obviously, I have more questions than answers!

Lots of tears, a short skirt and a bustier work for most guys.

But on the serious side, Menendez has sponsored private bills before. But you don't need to go that far, all you have to do is get them to write or call Janet Reno "Bring in the Waco Killers" Napalitano.