50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can form DS-230 be downloaded from Net?

Its taking too long for beneficiary to recive form DS-230. Can he/she download form DS230 from the site by NVC in order to save time.. Plz help..As far as i think Packet 3 have been misplaced by postal dept of country of beneficiary as beneficiary is herself an agent..CAn u tell us neother way out to get packet thhough the request have been lodged again to resnd the packet but can this be download.....THanks

Its taking too long for beneficiary to recive form DS-230. Can he/she download form DS230 from the site by NVC in order to save time.. Plz help..As far as i think Packet 3 have been misplaced by postal dept of country of beneficiary as beneficiary is herself an agent..CAn u tell us neother way out to get packet thhough the request have been lodged again to resnd the packet but can this be download.....THanks

You can down load it but you can't use it. They want money and then they will send you the Official form. then you send it back. They then will want more money for the support documents ($70). You can phone them and they do answer. When you send anything to anyone, you need to get a confirmation of delivery from the post office.

Just from my own experience. I designated myself an agent for my parents case, so I was getting all of the forms here, in US.
    The Packet not only has DS-230 Part 1 but also NATIONAL VISA CENTER BARCODE SHEET that needs to be returned back to NVC with completed DS-230 Part1. To the best of my knoweledge Form DS-230 can be dowlnoaded and used. But you would need NATIONAL VISA CENTER BARCODE SHEET with it.
    Call NVC. They always answered and gave me good and professional advice.
    I our case Affidavit of Support fee bill needed to be paid before the send DS-230 Part1
    Good luck

For what visa is your wife applying?

There is a way to create bar-code and past it on DS-230, but if a mistake was made, it can cause further delays.

Is this what you are looking for?

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/7988.pdf#search='ds%20230'

Finally i got a response to ma queries.......I thank all of u who have responded to ma question.....Vovan, how can i get NATIONAL VISA CENTER BARCODE SHEET or aneri u might be noeing it..other than plz tell me can petitioner notarize AFfidavit of support at a cosular post abroad........thx once 2 all of ya....

If you feel confident about it, follow the steps in James's NVC shortcuts (a few posts down) for DS-230:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/in...showtopic=117#

I hope that's what you need. Please be aware that the procedure is different for K-3 as oppose to CR-1/IR-1, and may slightly differ depending on the consulate you are dealing with regarding DS-230.

Most consulates provide notarization service.

Hello aneris thx for ur reply
    Aneri I got few more questions for ya in particular, to people in general...
    aneri "james short cuts" i visited ur suggested link but tell me what if nething goes wrong?
    Cud this further delay the case......
    Also lemme noe what wud it need to get rectification in form I-130.The beneficiary's date of birth as has been mistyped in there.So plz lemme noe how to go abt correction(the date of birth is in same format as we do in india)though they have a copy of birth certificate can they refer to this(In indian format of course)......
    Pluz i wud also invite others to share their experience who have recently gone thru this consular processing............

Taf - are you asking "what if nothing goes wrong"? Well, then you'll be one step closer to the visa.

Just make sure that's what you need!! I keep pointing that, because I don't even know for what visa is your wife applying.

(I recommend that you search for posts and have a chat with "pharmacist" at www.visajourney.com.)