free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: N 400 Houston

Just to let everyone know that I recieved my citizenship today here in Houston. My time frame from start to finish was 14months if anyone is interested.

Just to let everyone know that I recieved my citizenship today here in Houston. My time frame from start to finish was 14months if anyone is interested.
    fjohnson

WOOHOOO!!

That's fantastic, Outbak. Congratulations!

The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Originally from: Galaxy of Centaurus A (also known as NGC 5128)
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by outbak:
    Just to let everyone know that I recieved my citizenship today here in Houston. My time frame from start to finish was 14months if anyone is interested. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

FREE AT LAST !!!!!!

Congrats !!!
    Have all the good s.ex you can, in all the ways you can, for as long as ever you can !

-- Sabuntium The Great

CONGRATULATIONS Outbak!

I'm sure some will appreciate your sharing of your timeline.
    Do all the good you can, in all the ways you can, as long as ever you can.

--John Wesley

congrats outbak!!! happy for you, finally the end of the road for you!

Hello to All:
    Just wanted to share my dreadful path to Naturalization the 2nd time in April 2002, after a 6+ year long and painful wait !!!
    Applied first time 1999, and was denied N 400 due to a DUI/DWI record (Since June 1995/July 1996) and was advised that I could re apply without prejudice when the mandatory (3/5 year statutory period) for Good Moral Character was satisfied.
    Re applied again in Feb 2002, and interviewed in garden City, NY on Feb 12th 2003.
    Let me state some interesting facts as to how my interview went:
    1) waited for around 3 hours, and eventually taken in by the interviewing officer, One Enrique Avellaneda on Feb 12th 2003.
    2) asked me under oath, if I was ever arrested, and as i had stated in my application, replied in the affirmative, and he nodded his head and said" YOUR APPLICTION WILL NOT BE APPROVED, AND THERE IS NO POINT IN EVEN ASKING YOU THE INTERVIEW/CITIZENSHIP QUESTIONS"..LATER HE ADDED" ANYWAY, LETS ASK YOU FEW QUESTIONS OF THE TEST"..HE PROCEEDED TO ASK ME SOME QUESTIONS, WHICH I ANSWERED TO SATISFACTORILY.

3) He then asked me if I had any name change to which answered "NO".He started questioning"How come you alyays had the same name" !!!??

4) He looked up in his computer, and printed a ,N-652 (Revised 10/90)marked You passed the v test of English & US History, please follow instructions on form N -14 (asking me to submit some paperwork, which I did in person the very next day) and checked off the box "A DECISION CANNOT YET BE NADE ABOUT YOUR APPLICATION", AND "do not wait for the letter" !!

Having known the implications of a DWI, I obtained a certificate of relief from disabilities, specifically for purpose of Citizenship/Liqour licences and employment from the supervising district court Judge, and wrapped up my application.
    I also patiently waited for a decision, knowing that his supervisor would have to review it closely, since I was denied my 1st attempt N 400 application in 1999.
    days, weeks and months went by and after about 1 year started making inquiries..The online case status on USCIS website was a JOKE..When i called the 1-800 customer service on 16 occasions (Mind you not every week, but every few months!) even thry did not have a case status, except that they wouldforward the case inquiry to the local field office (26 federal plaza).I was later told that my FBI Name check was pending.
    Wrote to the FBI, who told me to contact the USCIS..Got this run around for another few years.
    At one point i got so depressed that it started affecting me emotinoally and mentally.
    Wrote to the ombudsman office (One POrakash Khatri) only to get a "STEROTYPED" response that they are looking into it etc etc.

Wrote to the white house and was told that DHS has been forwarded a copy.

waited for another ywear or so, untill I read about pending daly lawsuits by way of writ of mandamus petitions.
    Finallyin jan of 2008, I decided to meet with an attorney, who promised me the moon and stars in terms of filing the petition, but after 6 or 7 repeated reminders to my attorney, she eventually filed the WoM petition on May 20th 2008, assigned to Sr Judge Thomas C Platt's court in central islip.
    At few occasions, I told my attorney how un happy I was with her response time, and that not tp proceed, but she kept assuring em that she would file it.When I got fed up, i contemplated notifying the discliplinary committee, and reading between the lines, ther attorney filed the petition, and saying that the money given so far could not be refunded since she just filed the petiton..I was pretty much stuck, but anyways I checked the index # which wa filed in the court as a matter of Public record..

Since this time, I made 2 personal visits to Garden city office to activate yet another 2 inquiries, and was told it is being processed, and the name of the officer reviewing was to MY MOST PLEASANT SURPRISE was someone other than the dreadful ENRIQUE AVELLANEDA.

On June 12th 2008, I received a letter dated June 10th 2008 to report for my oath ceremony at central islip court on Monday June 30th 2008.

My guess is that there were 200+ applicants there on the long sought after day.The official taking in Green cards and examining the paperwork on N 445 was really apologetic and apologised as a gentleman, and I thanked him for his gesture of apology.

Anyways, took the oath at around 11 am after the process was interrupted in Judge Joanne Seybert's courtroom with 2 False fire Alarms, but the judge was very efficient and handled the situation very well.

AT LAST AM A CITIZEN.
    MY POINT OF LETTING EVERYONE KNOW AS TO HOW COME FBI NAME CHECK TOOK 6+ YAERS TO FIND OUT WHO I AM..WHAT ABOUT BACKGROUND CHECKS OF ELEMENTS WHO NEED TO BE PIN-POINTED AND ROUNDED UP ??!!
    AFTER HAVING LEFT WITH A FEELING OF BEING A "CRIMINAL" WITH NO DSCISION, AND FEW THOUSAND $$ LESS IN THE BANK TO MAKE THE USCIS DO THEIR JOB IN TERMS OF A DECISION, I WILL ALWAYS WONDER IF USCIS/OTHER LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCIES ARE REALLY EFFECTIVE IN DOING WHAT THEY HAVE BEEN HIRED TO DO.

For those of you who are reading this and feel somewhat the same way in terms of their petition/s, my advise would be to be ruthless in making them do their jobs via a lawsuit.

I am very certain, that in the event I did not commence the lawsuit, my files would be gathering dust somewhere, and I would still be frustrated and wondering.

The Ombudsman office in my mind is also a Joke, and I say this openly.
    I have been logging in chronogical order all correspondedce for 6+ years inclding eaah and every postal receipt
    /acknowledgement, which by now is a thick binder, fit to be published, to let the USCIS and the world know how in effective the USCIS has been in discharging their duties.

Thank you all, for those who have been posting their saga of frustrations and their lawsuits, which guided me in the direction of formally taking the USCIS to court.

New York

Congratulations at last, Longisland!

Sorry it took so long to get there, but hey - you got there!
    --------------------
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. " - Thomas Jefferson

Thanks !

Finally, I can sit back, and pray for others similarly placed !

Regards,
    Trevor