50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: marriage and greencard????????????????

I have a few questions regaurding applying for a gc for an illegal alien after marring a usc.

1- he came here illegally, actually he just got on a plane in mex and flew into tx. He passed right through customs. He is now married to a usc. What is the process in which he needs to take to get his gc.

2- About how long does this process take?

3- What happens if him and his wife seperate before the process is over?

Any information would be greatly appriated.

I have a few questions regaurding applying for a gc for an illegal alien after marring a usc.

1- he came here illegally, actually he just got on a plane in mex and flew into tx. He passed right through customs. He is now married to a usc. What is the process in which he needs to take to get his gc.

2- About how long does this process take?

3- What happens if him and his wife seperate before the process is over?

Any information would be greatly appriated.

I wish I had good news for you. If he came here illegally, he needs a good lawyer. It is very difficult to get a green card if he is illegal.

A friend in Texas filed AOS for her illegal husband and they sent him a letter to go down for finger printing. When he got there they deported him.

Very Very sad thing. A good immigration attorney can give you the best advise here before you do anything. Otherwise he will need to wait for the next amnesty that comes up.

What do you mean he went right through customs?? He didn't talk to a customs agent?

That part amazed me too. I remember customs. It is just about impossible to get through with out being checked. My only guess is that the agent was somehow distracted. Who knows

Amnest???? What is that???

And yes, he spoke with a customs agent and was asked to show his passport and that was all, they said to go through. I think that he just got really lucky.

So, even though he is married to a usc he could still be deported???

Thank you for your responses.

Amnesty or not I don't see much hope that this bill will pass after 9/11.
    Yes, he can be deported even he is married or have children to a USC. It's a penalty from the INS when someone breaks the law. Tell him to find a really good lawyer if he wishes to get it process.

If he saw and spoke to a customs agent he is not here illegally, but surely they must have stamped his passport. I don't know how it works for mexican nationals.

The process to get the GC takes about 18 months at least.

If they seperate before the process is over, he can try to continue alone but his chances are of course not as high of getting his green card.

So they would not consider him to have come here illegally because he went through customs, he did not have a visa at the time. He has had them in previous years and had a us id card. He just slipped through the cracks I guess.
    Because he did not run over the border, will they excuse that???
    Once again I am asking what is amnesty???

Thank you again to everyone for all of your help with this situation.

Hi Travelgirl,
    I am quite at a lost to your query on your friend as i see you are also confused if not sure of the status.It would be best for all of us to talk to your friend sincerely on how,when he came to the US so we can get a better view and maybe find a better option for your query.It is quite easy for some Mexicans to travel to the US and often they just show their laser card in the border(that explains the custom agent,who are managing this entrance gate).i always see custom agents and some BP agents manning some gates or entrance and all a mexican national has to do is flash his/her ID and they are wave to come in without properly being check.