free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: False claim to US citizenship

In 1993 I was on F-1 visa attending CSU (California State University) campus A then dropped out. The same year (1993) I applied at campus B of the CSU as a citizen and was admitted. After one year I dropped out. Now I am a permanent resident and attending community college. I expect to transfer to CSU campus C soon. Would the CSU campuses share records? Would campus C know that I was in campus B if I donít report it on the application?

In 1993 I was on F-1 visa attending CSU (California State University) campus A then dropped out. The same year (1993) I applied at campus B of the CSU as a citizen and was admitted. After one year I dropped out. Now I am a permanent resident and attending community college. I expect to transfer to CSU campus C soon. Would the CSU campuses share records? Would campus C know that I was in campus B if I donít report it on the application?

Quite honestly, in this case, what California State University knows might cause you REAL TROUBLE...and not only with the university.

Do you know the consequences of a false claim to U.S. citizenship?

If not, you may want to find out.

When you applied for your permanent residency, did you lie when asked if you had ever made a claim to U.S. citizenship?

lying is not good , it is never good . Why would you say ,you were a citizen ?

Thank you for the answer. Now I am aware of the consequences if it was done after 1996 but in my case it was in 1993 and not to get benefits under INA. doesn't this make a difference?

And no at the time I didn't know of the consequences.

I don't recall being asked about this during the adjustment of status. I know there is a question on the N-400 though...

So, what do you experts suggest I do?

Thanks

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">And no at the time I didn't know of the consequences. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But you knew the benefits?

The form does not ask if you knew the consequences but rather if you lied to gain benefit. In this case, it looks like it.

You see, this is the problem with lying. Now you have to decide if you should lie about your lie. Very soon it will become lie to the power of thousands up to the point where your head cannot grasp everything you have lied about and then you will come down crashing.

One thing for sure, if you say you lied to gain benefit, then say goodbye to citizenship. On the other hand, if you lie again, then you might get a ctizenship that is loosely revocable. That means, you will never have peace of mind again, always looking over your shoulder.

That is the true cost of lying. Sounds harsh, but sorry that is the reality you are in now. So, bend over and take it like a man.

As I read it, It appears that the benefit wasn't for Immigration purposes so the issue isn't so bad as it at first seems. The wording on question 23 for N-400 is:

"Have you ever given false or misleading information to any US Government official while applying for any immigration benefit or to prevent deportation, exclusion or removal?"

He did neither. His lie was on a University application for the purpose of (I'll guess) cheaper fees (in-State vs out of State). There is no such question on the I-485 form.

It's a bit like somebody claiming to be a USC when playing a State lottery game. There's no immigration benefit from doing so.
    "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

...the reason for the false claim to U.S. citizenship is irrelevant.

Someone12
    don't worry....just turn to the Book of Fredy, thump three times and all will be forgiven...right fredy???

Brit5064 Question number one is the one I am concerned about. it reads:

1. Have you ever claimed to be a US citizen (in writing or any other way)?

I remember they used to specify if your claim was before 1996 or so, but it looks like the form has changed...

Any ideas?