50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Address for Marriage Adjustment of the I-130, I485, andI-765

We are having a bit of difficulty filling out these applications (I-130, I-485, I-765). I recently got married to my husband who is a US citizen. I did my undergrad, medical school in the US and currently am a resident physician in one state while my husband is Working in another state. I have 2 more years of residency and my husband currently is trying to find a job in my state so that we can be together, then we will move back to his state. My question is: one of the questions on the form asks to list a current address where we reside together, We both have separate addresses until he finds a job here, so what should we do?

We are having a bit of difficulty filling out these applications (I-130, I-485, I-765). I recently got married to my husband who is a US citizen. I did my undergrad, medical school in the US and currently am a resident physician in one state while my husband is Working in another state. I have 2 more years of residency and my husband currently is trying to find a job in my state so that we can be together, then we will move back to his state. My question is: one of the questions on the form asks to list a current address where we reside together, We both have separate addresses until he finds a job here, so what should we do?

I suggest,you should use your address since he going to join you soon.I-765 doesn't much matter now since it is now processed at center irrespective of where you live. you just have to hope that he joins you before you're called for the interview. or if you're still concern,i suggest you hold on until he joins you. good luck.

Thank you naadu! The job market right now is pretty bad in this area as in many. We had no idea until he actually started applying for jobs here. He is concerned about putting my address and working in a completely different state having to do that affidavit of support and all, maybe I should do an affidavit of support also, since I have an income too. How long does it typically take for an interview? Everyone states that since we got married my status has changed and we need to get this paperwork done right away. Another question, can a US citizen become a dual citizen of somewhere else. I want him and our children (when we have them) to have the same rights and access as me in my country. Thanks again.

hello!

my husband and I are also living in different states because I'm still going to school in Oklahoma.

we filed our I-130/I-485/I-765 in the state where we reside as husband and wife (this was at Denver, CO). but in my I-485 and I-765 application forms, i used my Oklahoma campus address because this is the one stated in my SEVIS records and I'm physically here at our campus all the time. my husband used our Colorado address.

our files were sent to NBC:Missouri and we have received notice of actions & receipts for the three applications. they sent the I-130 to our Colorado address and the I-485 & I-765 to my Oklahoma address.

recently, my husband and I have decided that we will stay in GA permanently, so now that our state of residence is GA, we informed Denver BCIS Office of the new address. we have received a letter from NBC that our address has been changed in their system (a week after informing them of the address change).

i have appeared for both my BIOMETRICS and fingerprint appointments at BCIS Application Support Center (ASC) in Oklahoma City. Several weeks after the fingerprint appointment, I checked my case status on line and the I-485 application was updated (stating that BCIS has received the fingerprint info).

so far, we do not have any problems with our applications. what we will do next is to request our files to be transferred from Denver to Atlanta.

i hope these information helps.

Just a word of advice, Atlanta is so FARRRRR behind. If possible, I would stay where your at.

Thank you PCR. Yes, indeed the information is helpful. He will move here so we will use this address since we will be here for 2 more years and it would be easier for fingerprinting and any other thing we may need to do, when we move back to Illinois we will change our information back to that address. Thanks again!