50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Need Advice From Expert

I came here in 1986 with my mother at the age of 8. She entered me into the country as a son of a diplomate. She brought me into the country with another last name. My visa expired in 6 month but she kept me here. She also lost all my document. There was war in my country so they provided me with TPS that allowed me to work. I got married last April and filed for adjustment of status from TPS. My interview is next week but I have no document saying when I enter the country. I know this is important. I am now 31 years old, have a masters degree and own a house. I know this is going to be a problem because I came in the coutry as a son of a diplomat and was suppose to be here for 6 month. I dont know what to say to them in my interview. Can anyone help me. What is the worst and best case senario?

Thanks everyone

I came here in 1986 with my mother at the age of 8. She entered me into the country as a son of a diplomate. She brought me into the country with another last name. My visa expired in 6 month but she kept me here. She also lost all my document. There was war in my country so they provided me with TPS that allowed me to work. I got married last April and filed for adjustment of status from TPS. My interview is next week but I have no document saying when I enter the country. I know this is important. I am now 31 years old, have a masters degree and own a house. I know this is going to be a problem because I came in the coutry as a son of a diplomat and was suppose to be here for 6 month. I dont know what to say to them in my interview. Can anyone help me. What is the worst and best case senario?

Thanks everyone

If you entered legally, the legacy INS now DHS has a record of that. File a Freedom of Information Act request for that information from Customs and Border Protection.