free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE APPRECIATED

please let me know how long does it take for the children and husband to immigrate if they are getting the following to join benefits! a lady i know got her immigration visa current recently in the 4th preference category as her sister sponsored her in 1993! she lives in pakistan. so my question is how long will her husband and children under 21 yrs of age have to wait to get the following to join benefits. Also will she have to file another petition for her over 21 yr old unmarried sons?THANKS

please let me know how long does it take for the children and husband to immigrate if they are getting the following to join benefits! a lady i know got her immigration visa current recently in the 4th preference category as her sister sponsored her in 1993! she lives in pakistan. so my question is how long will her husband and children under 21 yrs of age have to wait to get the following to join benefits. Also will she have to file another petition for her over 21 yr old unmarried sons?THANKS

The family should be applying for immigrant visas together. The instruction sheets from the National Visa Center explain what to do if additional family members have been added from the time of the initial petition (if she married and had kids after 1993.) The entire family has to be listed, the affidavit of support has to include the spouse and minor children, and they all have to come to the US within four months of the principal beneficiary.

Children over 21 don't get to come with, but still need to be included on all the paperwork except the affidavit of support. The parents can file for them after getting LPR status.

If your friend's sister went through the IV process without alerting the Consul to the fact that her family was immigrating with her, she needs to contact them immediately. Or she can come to the US by herself and submit her own petition for them. Her spouse and minor children would get to join her in around five years.

thanks for the response old man! the lady was married and had kids even before her sister filed a petition for her back in 1993 but when her visa got current 2 months back in feb 2004,the letter from national visa center only listed her as the principal applicant and asked for $339 fees to initiate the immigration process. So my question is does she have to call national visa center and inform them that she has 3 kids under 21 yrs old and a husband that want to receive the following to join benefits or will she have to go to usa and file separate petitions for them(and wat would be the waiting period-would it be just few months or years?) and secondly those sons which are now over 21 yrs old-wats their crime that they cant enjoy the following to join benefits! its an inhumane immigration system and it doesnt encourage reunion of families i think!yr answer would be appreciated

She can always stay in her own country, if it's so hard to leave her adult children. There are plenty of other families waiting to come. If she wants her adult kids to come, they'll have to take their turn.

Dude--What you and a lot of people lose sight of is that our immigration policy is supposed to serve the interests of the US and its citizens--not necessarily every Tom, ****, and Mohan who wants to come here.

Be glad that the lady's adult sons have a chance for sponsorship at all--it could easily be otherwise, particularly given the 6 million plus backlog already for immigration benefits.

Dude:

Why wasn't your sisters family included on the original petition?

Old man:

Are you saying then that the affidavit of support would have to be for the whole family? (this woman, her husband, and three children so 5 in all pluss the sponsering families #?) May that be a reason the woman was only listed on teh original petitiion, they could not afford the whole family?

Just wondering...

Thanks Aliba for your response. So will the lady have to go to america and file separate petitions for her children under 21 years old and husband as well if they were not mentioned in the initial petition whuch her sister filed for her back in 1993

TO Aliba,

Dude--What you and a lot of people lose sight of is that our immigration policy is supposed to serve the interests of the US and its citizens--not necessarily every Tom, ****, and Mohan who wants to come here.

If you don't want every Mohan to come then go and correct your Immigration policy. This mohan is already here, and You can't do anything except bashing here on others. there are many mohan already here and on the way too.
    Its a discussion, not a legal advise..

well i have to agree with mohan coz america is a land of immigrants and that is wat makes america great! but the american immigration system is inhumane especially the long waiting periods and difficulty which people have to bear before reuniting with their family.