free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: G325A for child?

My wife has a 5 year old child. Do I need a G325A for the child as well when I send my I-130 and K-3?
    Just wondering about the signiture where
    someone must sign and write in native letters.
    Thanks

My wife has a 5 year old child. Do I need a G325A for the child as well when I send my I-130 and K-3?
    Just wondering about the signiture where
    someone must sign and write in native letters.
    Thanks

Hi again, no you don't need to fill one in for the child. Later on though all the documents that need to be signed, has to be signed by the legal Parent in the necessary box given.

I believe signatures are required for 14 and over.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
    1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

Hi and thanks for the reply;
    doesn't the uscis need her biographical info sooner or later? I would think so.
    how do they deal with it or identify her as the child I want to bring into the country at the port of entry?

Here is a brief process for K3/K4

Briefly, the K3/K4 process is as follows:

* A. The US Citizen files an I-130 petition for the foreign spouse.
    * B. USCIS (INS) issues a receipt (I-797) acknowledging filing of the I-130 petition.
    * C. The US Citizen files an I-129F petition, using the I-797 receipt as "proof of filing an immigrant petition". All children of the foreign spouse will be listed on this petition. The I-129F is sent to the Service Center where the underlying I-130 petition is currently pending. At this point, the "track" of the K3/K4 process becomes similar to the current processing for K1/K2 fiance(e) visa.
    * D. When the petition is approved, it is sent to the NVC for processing and then the appropriate Consulate is notified and processing for the K3/K4 non-immigrant visa is begun, including medical, police check, I-134 affidavit of support, and Consular interview. The fee will be the same as the current K1 fiance(e) visa.
    * E. The K3 visa is issued to the spouse, the K4 to the minor children, they go to the United States.
    * F. The K3 spouse and K4 children file the I-485 for Adjustment of Status, either immediately or when the I-130 petition is approved. The new K visa will be issued for an effective period of 2 years, with multiple entries permitted, and provision to extend the visa beyond 2 years. The State Department has indicated that in K3/K4 cases, that the USCIS (INS) will retain the approved I-130 petition. This means if he K3/K4 visa holder wishes to obtain an immigrant visa at a Consulate, they need to notify that Consulate to begin the process, after which the Consulate will request the approved I-130 petition from the USCIS (INS). The USCIS (INS) seems to expect that most K3/K4 folks will apply for AOS from inside the United States, but due to long processing times at some local offices, it is very possible some folks will wish to opt for Consular processing after they arrive in the United States.

Note about the I-130 approval - In some cases the I-130 may be approved prior to the K-3 being processed. There are certain advantages if this happens such as receiving an Immigrant Visa instead of a K3. Please read the IR1/CR1 Guide if your I-130 is approved during the K3 Process to find out what you can do.

Until now, a US Citizen would file an I-130 for the foreign spouse, and separate I-130 petitions for each child or step-child. Stepchildren would only be eligible if the marriage took place before the stepchild's 18th birthday. The revised I-129F will automatically include all children under 21, with no separate petition required, removing a major disparity between current K1/K2 and spousal immigrant visa processes. However, Although a separate I-130 petition is not required for the children to obtain a K4 visa, an approved I-130 petition is required before they may be approved for Adjustment of Status to permanent resident. The I-130 petition still states the U.S. Citizen petitioner may not file for a stepchild, unless the marriage took place before the stepchild's 18th birthday.

----
    *My suggestion regarding the I-130 however is to file before moving over (same time as spouse), as that way there will not be any delay once the child needs to adjust status in the US.

When you adjust status yes there will be additional biometric information required even from child.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

honestlyspkng..what you need to do is to look at all the forms that need filling in, and read all the instructions for each of them.

It explains on them what is needed and what you need to do for each one and when it needs to be filed. Also it lists all the necessary evidence of identity and what other documents that need to be sent for them or taken to interview.

Thanks
    We have time before the interview yet. I can see it being eight months maybe more the way they have been working. Any idea which AOS we should take to the interview> I864w or I134?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by honestlyspkng:
    Thanks
    We have time before the interview yet. I can see it being eight months maybe more the way they have been working. Any idea which AOS we should take to the interview&gt; I864w or I134? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am confused with your question, sorry.

Can I verify something first, is your spouse and the child in Ukraine or are they here and you are wanting to AOS?

Adjustment of Status only happens when they are here, not when she goes for the interview at the Embassy.
    You mentioned the K3 visa..that is what she will be applying for and getting at the Embassy, while the I-130 is pending at the NVC.

Once they are issued the K3/K4, and move over, then you apply for AOS for both of them.

All forms that need to be filled in have to be sent to the appropriate addresses, they need to have them before any interviewing is done.

I refer to the affidavit of support she will need in lieu of providing proof she has enough funds to prove she will not become a public charge

For the interview it will be the I-134 as the K3 visa in a non immigrant visa.

When she AOS in the US it will be the I-864.

However you need to check the package that is sent or check the website regarding the K3 and see what the requirements through that Embassy are, some may require the other.