free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GC traveling

can a person travel 5 months and 3 weeks ? , is it consider as 6 months ? thank you in advance to someone who can help me out with my question .

can a person travel 5 months and 3 weeks ? , is it consider as 6 months ? thank you in advance to someone who can help me out with my question .

Yes with in 6 months time period you can enter here any time. Over 6 months can be a issued.

Tin,

Anything under 6 months should be fine. Use a calendar. For example, if you depart the US on 1/1/10, you should return by 6/30/10. That will keep you within the guidelines.

thank you , davies and ProudUSC , thank you for helping out and giving advise and try to answer to all our immigration question. keep up the good work..... GOD BLESS US ALL !

So close to six months is considered a defacto 6 months by CBP and will probably earn you a warning, secondary referral, or a deferred inspection appointment. CBP will then start tracking your travel habits.

which is better and how long is advisable and safe to use ? , staying for 5 months trip or 5 months and 3weeks ? how will i know if a person has a warning , secondary refferal or deferred inspection appoinment ?

Here I agree 100% with federale86. Do not make a travel pattern of 5 months each.

It it's just a one off trip, you'll be fine. You are actually allowed to stay out of the US for up to a year - more than a year requires a re-entry permit.

Trips of any length can become an issue but generally only when they're repeated and the GC holder is spending more time outside the US than he/she is in. It's highly unlikely that one trip would raise that flag.
    The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tin:
    which is better and how long is advisable and safe to use ? , staying for 5 months trip or 5 months and 3weeks ? how will i know if a person has a warning , secondary refferal or deferred inspection appoinment ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I agree with Aroha. You will be fine. It really depends on facts and circumstances. As long as you maintain closer ties with the United States than with your home country, traveling this length of a time will not be a problem.

If you travel repeatedly outside the United states for this amount of time it may be an issue. However, it still goes back maintaining closer connections to the United States.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre