Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: URGENT: just denied entry @ Atlanta

Hi,
    My friend was just denied entry @ Atlanta. She has a 10-year, multiple re-entry visa. The reason she was given was that she spent too much time here (18 months in the last 30 or so). She never over-stayed her i-94.
    She's currently detained, and will be shipped back to Argentina in 4 hours.
    Is there anything that can be done? Is there any appeal process? Anything to talk to? Or are we basically screwed?

Thanks,

-Facundo.

Make sure you put air holes in the box they ship her back in !!!!

No appeal possible if she did not pass customs !

This is so flippin' stupid.
    How can these things depend on the mood a particular officer wakes up in? How can the process have so little oversight? How can the experiences of travellers be so inconsistent? How is it that there are no clear, written rules (laws?) governing this process?
    There *has* to be someone to talk to.

You guys are great. You say that immigration should be "flexible" when it suits your needs but then you want them to be "fixed" when it doesn't. Look pal, 18 months out of the past 30 is excessive and shows fraudulent intent. She abused the visa. It is supposed to be a tempory tourist visa, not a fiance or work visa. She should be greatful that they did not beat her up and rape her. Now be quiet and go away or else we will kick you out too!

Don't seek advice from this forum, try to find an attorney quick!

This happens for quite sometimes. Your friend was not the first one. Your friend needs to consult a good lawyer.

People don't realize something.
    U.S. Costums & Border Control have the Ultimate power.They can deny anyone they want to entry and are untouchable by the basic law.
    No outside attorney can do s.h.i.t about it.

If they deny you entry,you are history and gone.

I remember one girl from england came to visit her old host family she lived with for a year while doing an exchange year and being a nanny.When she came back a year later for 2 week to visit.She was also denied entry in Detroit,the reason was givin,she will work again as a nanny for the family,under the table.

And that family were to expert attorneys,and they flat out said "our hands are tide,if it involves U.S costum and Border Agency!

When did that happen with the girl from England I cant find anything about it on the web. Is there a forum link or weblink??

They can deny anyone..
    Not necessarily "anyone" but rather non-citizens.

And isn't this something that people are told immediately after they receive a visa - that visa itself is not a guarantee of admission to US and in final instance it's up to POE/Immigration Officer's discretion ?
    So obvious..

Originally posted by facundo:
    Hi,
    My friend was just denied entry @ Atlanta. She has a 10-year, multiple re-entry visa. The reason she was given was that she spent too much time here (18 months in the last 30 or so). She never over-stayed her i-94.
    She's currently detained, and will be shipped back to Argentina in 4 hours.
    Is there anything that can be done? Is there any appeal process? Anything to talk to? Or are we basically screwed?

Thanks,

-Facundo.
    It will depend on why she was here the first and why she is here now. Does your friend have a significant other? Was she seeing family? Or was this business?

When she arrives back in Argentina, she needs to find an attorney and visit the US Embassy in Buenos Aires.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre