free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: prostitution

I have been fined for being with a prostitute (outside the US), would that make me ineligibility for a B-1/2 visa to the US?

more specifically:
    * Does there 212(a)(2)(d)(ii) apply for hiring a prostitute for myself or is only for "pimps"?

This is the only crime I have comitted

I have been fined for being with a prostitute (outside the US), would that make me ineligibility for a B-1/2 visa to the US?

more specifically:
    * Does there 212(a)(2)(d)(ii) apply for hiring a prostitute for myself or is only for "pimps"?

This is the only crime I have comitted

I think more information is needed. Vague.

Also when did it occur?
    "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

His name is John; LOL

Come On Down!!! "Bob Barker"

You Paid For it???? Free Here "JOHN"!!! LOLOL!!!
    USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

It applies only to pimps, but your criminal conviction does cause a problem for the Consular Officer. Up to the Officer to issue.

Prostitution generally makes you inadmissible for all forms of immigration benefit to the US. You don't even need to have been convicted or fined - an admission of prostitution is sufficient.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
    An alien is excludable under INA §212(a)(2)(D) if he or she:
    1. is coming to the United States solely, principally, or incidentally to engage in prostitution, or has engaged in prostitution within 10 years of the date of the application for a visa, entry or adjustment of status;
    2. directly or indirectly procures or attempts to procure, or (within 10 years of the date of application for a visa, entry, or adjustment of status) procured or attempted to procure or to import, prostitutes or persons for the purpose of prostitution, or receives or (within such 10 year period) received, in whole or in part, the proceeds of prostitution; or
    3. is coming to the United States to engage in any other unlawful commercialized vice, whether or not related to prostitution.
    </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is likely you would, at the least, need a waiver (if one is available) however you should consult a reputable immigration forum. Most of us here are merely laypeople, and as you can see, a good chunk would prefer to take the mickey.
    The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Another fake post. Notice, the OP never came back to clarify? Waste of time.

He posted 4 hours ago. Some of us have other things to do ...

For example, I'm going to go sit down, watch some tv and have a glass of wine. Then, I'm going to jump back on my PC and play an MMORPG, killing big bad mobs with my shaman for a couple of hours. I won't be back tonight, even though I just posted!

And frankly, with the nonsense replies and behaviour around here, it wouldn't take much for someone to decide this site isn't worth it and go somewhere else for assistance.
    The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch