50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Need Help with Alternative Options "Desperate"

My husband is currently over in Honduras and we are trying to get him back. Our Attroney advised us that he had to go back to honduras to finish with his visa applications. We started the process here in the United States and filed for the I 245 application that issued illegal immigrants to file a petition before April 30, 2001 to stay and complete his paperwork in the United States. I am very confused because we paid the 1000.00 fine and all other application procedures. Now my husband is in Honduras and trying to get his visa he has been there for 6 months and the Embassy in Honduras stated that the paperwork has been transferred to the Homeland Security and to contact them. I contacted them and they said that they would not even being looking at his waiver until 6-8 more months. He currently has a good job but (me and my 18 month old son) has lost our health Insurance and we are down to one income besides the fact that this is very difficult on our marriage and on our son. We need him home. Our Attroney has not offered any information. Our case has been closed in the United States because he left without approval, we did not know he needed approval that's why we hired an immigration attroney. Is there any forms or any way to get him back to the United States immediately even if he has to complete his paperwork here or go back and finish it in Honduras.

My husband is currently over in Honduras and we are trying to get him back. Our Attroney advised us that he had to go back to honduras to finish with his visa applications. We started the process here in the United States and filed for the I 245 application that issued illegal immigrants to file a petition before April 30, 2001 to stay and complete his paperwork in the United States. I am very confused because we paid the 1000.00 fine and all other application procedures. Now my husband is in Honduras and trying to get his visa he has been there for 6 months and the Embassy in Honduras stated that the paperwork has been transferred to the Homeland Security and to contact them. I contacted them and they said that they would not even being looking at his waiver until 6-8 more months. He currently has a good job but (me and my 18 month old son) has lost our health Insurance and we are down to one income besides the fact that this is very difficult on our marriage and on our son. We need him home. Our Attroney has not offered any information. Our case has been closed in the United States because he left without approval, we did not know he needed approval that's why we hired an immigration attroney. Is there any forms or any way to get him back to the United States immediately even if he has to complete his paperwork here or go back and finish it in Honduras.

Please give us more info. Which forms have you submitted? Which "waiver" are you waiting on? Is it an I-601 or an I-212? How did your husband originally come to the United States? Did he come on a visa and overstay, or did he sneak in? When did you file the I-485? Why did your husband leave the country? Please give as many details as you can.
    Have a nice day

The following is a number of forms that I have filed (or the attroney) Form I 485, G 325A, I130, I 864, I 693 and I 245. He entered the country illegally. The Form I 485 was filed around October 9th, 2002. Our I 130 was filed around April 6th, 2001. He left the country due to the Attroney stating that he had to go back to Honduras to finish his visa, because we are unsure if there was any deportation orders agaisn't him. (he never went to court for anything regarding deportation). The attroney stated that it would take between 2 weeks and three months now it is 6 months later and they are stating it could be another 6-8 months very easily. Please help with any information I am very desperate. Thank You

it takes longer than 2 weeks for immigration to probably even open an envelope...
    sounds as attorney you hired is a real 'winner'...
    ...Mistake Recognized is half corrected ...

I am not really sure about the I 245 or is it the I 246. This whole immigration thing is new to me that's why we hired an attroney.

I really hate to say this, but I think that your attorney might have messed things up in a major way. Please come to immigrate2us.net It is a very informative forum, and there are a lot of knowledgeable people there who might be able to offer you some information. They are mostly people with immigrations situations themselves. They aren't out to get money, so they will try to tell it like it really is. I'm sorry your lawyer lied to you.
    Have a nice day

i can't believe it , your lawyer did really messed up the whole thing...sorry about that, the best thing you could do right now is to get another lawyer right away, there's a lot of lawyer from ilw.com list of lawyers that i believe will really help you, but before you close with any lawyer make sure that you do your own research, go to immigrate2us.net, some members may be able to help you there too. be on top of your case, don't leave everything to your lawyer, they have so many cases on their plate, remember this is your case, your future and the future of your children. i wish you all the luck and PRAY, for nothing is impossible to GOD.GOD BLESS.