publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Interview in Ciudad Juarez please help!

Need advice!!! I am an illegal immigrant living in the US. My parents brought me in to the U.S. illegally at the age of 6. We were never caught by immigration officers. I am now 25 and a recent graduate with a bachelors degree. I am also married to my husband who is a U.S. citizen. We have been married for two years. We want to legalize my status and are now in the process of filling form (I-864)Affidavit of Support. We do not want to send it in because my interview will be in ciudad Juarez and I might be punished for entering the U.S illegally and have to stay in Mexico for 3-10 years.

My questions is: Is there anyting that can be done to adjust my status so that I don't have to have my interview there? Or, if we proceede with the filling will I be pardoned for entering illegally and return to the US as soon as possible?

Any advice will help tremendously. Thank you all in advance!

Need advice!!! I am an illegal immigrant living in the US. My parents brought me in to the U.S. illegally at the age of 6. We were never caught by immigration officers. I am now 25 and a recent graduate with a bachelors degree. I am also married to my husband who is a U.S. citizen. We have been married for two years. We want to legalize my status and are now in the process of filling form (I-864)Affidavit of Support. We do not want to send it in because my interview will be in ciudad Juarez and I might be punished for entering the U.S illegally and have to stay in Mexico for 3-10 years.

My questions is: Is there anyting that can be done to adjust my status so that I don't have to have my interview there? Or, if we proceede with the filling will I be pardoned for entering illegally and return to the US as soon as possible?

Any advice will help tremendously. Thank you all in advance!

You may have to go through waiver.

There is another fotum, click here to find all the info. you need regarding interview in C.J.

you will have to file a waiver and submit it at the time of your interview. do you have a lawyer? they should have explained all of this to you!
    "You tell yourself these people are illusions, just passing scenery."

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by serena:

Any advice will help tremendously. Thank you all in advance! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    As previously suggested, you will need to file a waiver. The waiver will have to show that it will have significant hardship if you return to your home country. Generally, a USC spouse will not be able to adjust the status of their spouse if that spouse entered into the country without inspection unless a waiver is filed and approved by USCIS. You will need to seek legal advice on this one although this forum or others can provide general information. Best of luck to you.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre