free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: please someone tell me what to do in my case

dear all,
    i have F2B case in us embassy doha-qatar,i did the interview and everything was fine,the consular asked my mom proof of resident in the us,my mom go to usa almost every two years and as she is very old she never work or fill tax's or even has bank account ,but the consular officer asked for all these things,now i feel i will lose the case and never get the visa because i can't bring any proof he wants,she is in the us now and i brouhgt him her passport photo copy and written paper from the govermnet there that she is in the us,please any one has experince in this help me and i will be gladfully to him.
    thanks.

dear all,
    i have F2B case in us embassy doha-qatar,i did the interview and everything was fine,the consular asked my mom proof of resident in the us,my mom go to usa almost every two years and as she is very old she never work or fill tax's or even has bank account ,but the consular officer asked for all these things,now i feel i will lose the case and never get the visa because i can't bring any proof he wants,she is in the us now and i brouhgt him her passport photo copy and written paper from the govermnet there that she is in the us,please any one has experince in this help me and i will be gladfully to him.
    thanks.

Noble, if you don't mind sharing what is your priority date for F2B case?
    Even though your mother didn't work or don't have bank account, she should have filed income tax as a dependent of relative who she lives with while in US. This would have saved this hassle. And looks to me she is the main petitioner of your case right? I guess she still can file income tax as a dependent for last three years and that form is called 1040X (Amended U.S individual income tax return). I might be wrong about this, you better ask to income tax practitioner.

my priority date is sep 95 the i want to ask you that the consular need proof of mom resident in the us for the past 2 years but she was not there just now she enter usa,how can i avoid this difficult problem ?

I guess best way to prove that your mother didn't abandon her permanent residency during last two years is to file taxes for those years. And it can be done by filing 1040X as dependent of relative who she is living with right now in US.
    I hope anyone else on this forum has better vision in this case then me.

Noble any update on your case?

nothing new the lawyers said it is the law my brother trying to make some documents to her while she is there to proof resident,and he will try to let the senator office call the embassy i don't know if this will help,any way i will the country i'm resident in and go back to my home country and try from there to continue from there really i don't know how long my file will be valid and if i can make any thing to have the visa,any suggestion?

Nobel there is no time duration for the visa as far as I know. I have seen in the past person's file stayed for 8 years at local consulate because of lack of documents like you do. So don't worry about time duration sooner or later you will get visa only thing mom has to prove her residence and she is taking right steps.