50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: FIANCE VISA/MARRIAGE PROBLEM

HELLO, I MARRIED MY K-1 FIANCE ON AUGUST 28. I AM STARTING TO THINK THAT THE MARRIAGE IS NOT GOING TO WORK. I HAVE NOT YET APPLIED TO ADJUST HER STATUS. IS THERE A WAY I COULD SEND HER BACK HOME NOW WITHOUT ADJUSTING HER STATUS? COULD SHE GET SOMEONE ELSE TO DO IT IF I REFUSED TO SIGN THE AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT?

HELLO, I MARRIED MY K-1 FIANCE ON AUGUST 28. I AM STARTING TO THINK THAT THE MARRIAGE IS NOT GOING TO WORK. I HAVE NOT YET APPLIED TO ADJUST HER STATUS. IS THERE A WAY I COULD SEND HER BACK HOME NOW WITHOUT ADJUSTING HER STATUS? COULD SHE GET SOMEONE ELSE TO DO IT IF I REFUSED TO SIGN THE AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT?

Michael
    No one may apply for her; she must return home to the land of unwanted mail order brides

Mark
    Wow Not even 30 days yet

hmmm...She must not be russian , or by now she would have filed VAWA for abuse. Consider yourself lucky, just ask ol Michael there

If you file papers to adjust her status, just get someone else to be the sponser, so YOU are not on the hook for her for 10 years if the marriage does not work out. It wont really matter that much, cuz if you file the papers, then withdraw the apps, the sponsership is done along with the adjustment papers. This would give her time to meet/find someone else here to marry without going back home to her country. She will have satisfied the requirements of the K-1 becuase she married you within the 90 days.

Option 2
    File a divorce or annulment. Be a good guy and pay for her passage back home after all is finished. this way she is still able to legally come back here if she meets someone else on K-1.

Doing a k-1 is not like ordering a pair of shoes off of the internet.... geesh.

4now,

The US citizen spouse is always a sponsor of the I864, even if there is also a joint sponsor.
    The above is simply an opinion. Your mileage may vary. For immigration issues, please consult an immigration attorney.

Dont file anything ... he/she can adjust through you only if entered USA on K 1.... dont know if they can do VAWA...Good luck...Pasha

It's a bit of a catch 22. Refusal to file petitions on behalf of an alien can be used as grounds for a VAWA petition, depending upon the specific circumstances.
    The above is simply an opinion. Your mileage may vary. For immigration issues, please consult an immigration attorney.

Wtheck with these rash of marriage problems popping up left and right??? Does the term marriage now equals several months of banging the other *** and then discard them at the slightest disturbance?

Some people arrogance/idiocracy/irresponsibility never cease to amaze me....