50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: PLEASE SOMEONE LET ME KNOW THE TRUTH ABOUT MY SITUATION

Well my mom was sponsored by my uncle in 1998 and the way the visa bulletin looks are priority date which is jan of 1998 will become current next june-july, i am turning 21 in november of next year, if my mom files our I 485 before i turn 21 will i be ok? or will i age out once i turn 21

Well my mom was sponsored by my uncle in 1998 and the way the visa bulletin looks are priority date which is jan of 1998 will become current next june-july, i am turning 21 in november of next year, if my mom files our I 485 before i turn 21 will i be ok? or will i age out once i turn 21

where are you and your mother now? If, in the USA, do you have a legal status?

Was I-130 approved? If yes, when?

It is a little bit more complicated forumla to calculate "ageing out" than simple turning 21.

well i am in the u.s at the moment with my mom, we are out of status, but she filed it under the 245i back in 1998, so we are allowed to adjust our status here. im almost certain that out priority date will become current before i turn 21 but i know that to process the i 485 it takes like 8 months and im afraid that in those 8 months i will age out, and yes my i 130 was appoved 3 months after it was submitted, but i beleived that the calculation you are thinking of was only if my moms priority date would have become current after i turn 21 not if i would have turned 21 before the i 485 was approve

why dont you get yourself an f1 visa (student visa) to buy time. If you age out, your mother can sponsor you and in about 6 years you will get your papers. you can start with f1, then h1b maybe if someone sponsors you to work. i know someone who did this. just so you know.
    Vim2007