publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: advanced parole for f-1 visa holder?

Hi all,

Do any of you know if it's true that you can't get an advanced parole if you entered US as a non-immigrant ( student on F-1 visa)?
    I me my husband in US, and we got married last summer, now i need to go home this summer to get a new passport ( and change name). My f-1 expires in May, i will apply for AOS in January.
    Thank you for any information

Hi all,

Do any of you know if it's true that you can't get an advanced parole if you entered US as a non-immigrant ( student on F-1 visa)?
    I me my husband in US, and we got married last summer, now i need to go home this summer to get a new passport ( and change name). My f-1 expires in May, i will apply for AOS in January.
    Thank you for any information

Actually you have it backwards, you can not get an F-1 visa if you have applied for PR as this demonstrates an intent to immigrate.

You can get advanced parole however if you apply for it with the I-485 AOS.

Sugarpuff,
    thank youso much for the reply.
    It does make more sence now! I just thought i read it somewhere "backwards", as you said.

correct lolita but then that is the purpose of advanced parole. It allows someone who is waiting for adjustment to temporarily leave the U.S. or be "paroled".

Thank you for the helpful information!

Hi!

Is it possible for you to apply for a new passport while here in the USA? I think each country has embassy here in the USA.

When my passport expired, I did not have to go home to get a new one. I was also able to change my name in my passport (now I'm using my husband's last name). I applied in our country's embassy which is here in the USA.

Then, once you have a new passport, and already married to your USC (?) husband, you can file AOS (I-485/I130 concurrent), EAD(I-765), and advanced parole (so you can go home, if you plan to).

In my experience, if your country has an embassy in the U.S you can apply to renew your passport here. Now that being said, some countrys are more strict than others. For instance, Russians must drive to DC to have the passport renewed while I believe citizens of France can do it by mail.

Once you have a passport valid for at least 6 months into the future you can apply for advanced parole and upon receipt travel.