free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: H1B Stamping

Hello,
    I am confused regarding the H1B Stamping process. What exactly is it. I was on an F1 and then got the H1 status, but never went back to India to get the H1 stamped. Now what kind of documents, fees etc do I need for the stamping. Is it as if I am applying for a new H1 visa? Or if any experienced people can tell me what happens, do I need to fill any forms outor what docs are required etc for this would be greatly appreciated. I will be visiting India in Dec and would like to know how long this takes. Thank you in advance.

Hello,
    I am confused regarding the H1B Stamping process. What exactly is it. I was on an F1 and then got the H1 status, but never went back to India to get the H1 stamped. Now what kind of documents, fees etc do I need for the stamping. Is it as if I am applying for a new H1 visa? Or if any experienced people can tell me what happens, do I need to fill any forms outor what docs are required etc for this would be greatly appreciated. I will be visiting India in Dec and would like to know how long this takes. Thank you in advance.

just bring your tax return to show embassy at India as well as company letter...

Snalion:

If you leave the US (on a personal or business trip) you will be required to have a stamped Visa in your passport in order to be able to enter back.

You should be able to stamp the visa in the US Embassy in any country, but make sure you know what the proper process is in each country regarding setting appopintments, etc.

Juan