50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: confused about sevis please help

I am a F1 student my visa is valid until aug 06 I currently attend a teaching college who is undergoing acess into SEVIS they could not give me my new I-20 so I could travel home during the summer & the college student advisor was told by SEVIS to re-instate me?? I am not out of my staus I have not worked, I have been accepted onto a teaching internship to start sept 04 but wil have to do it unpaid as I have no SSN & cannot obtain one until I recieve my new I-20. I graduate in june 05. I think my college was wrongly informed as I went onto SEVIS & I do not apply to the re-instatment?? I mailed off I-539 form to local office in hartford they returned part of it stamped with check cleared & told me to mail into NY BCIS office I have & have been waiting to hear. this all started on 7th june, please could someone advice me what to do & if I will be told I cannot re-instatewill I be sent home? I am not out of status & have not worked. please help, I am british & extremly confused!!!! thanks

I am a F1 student my visa is valid until aug 06 I currently attend a teaching college who is undergoing acess into SEVIS they could not give me my new I-20 so I could travel home during the summer & the college student advisor was told by SEVIS to re-instate me?? I am not out of my staus I have not worked, I have been accepted onto a teaching internship to start sept 04 but wil have to do it unpaid as I have no SSN & cannot obtain one until I recieve my new I-20. I graduate in june 05. I think my college was wrongly informed as I went onto SEVIS & I do not apply to the re-instatment?? I mailed off I-539 form to local office in hartford they returned part of it stamped with check cleared & told me to mail into NY BCIS office I have & have been waiting to hear. this all started on 7th june, please could someone advice me what to do & if I will be told I cannot re-instatewill I be sent home? I am not out of status & have not worked. please help, I am british & extremly confused!!!! thanks

sorry for blabbing so much!! meant to say my teaching college is currently going through SEVIS acceptance so they called SEVIS & immigration & was told I should fill out 1-539 form. were they wrong as I am not out of status?? this has all got too confusing for me I thought I was ontop of it & understood it but now SEVIS has arrived I haven't a clue! any help would be so much appreciated. thank you.