Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Hospital.....

Hi everyone !
    I need your advise.
    Here is my little story. I came to this county more than 6 years ago with tourist visa. I found a sponsor, he applied for me an AOS in apr 2001.Since than I only received one letter from DOL. They transferred my case to the backlog center
    This year in May I got very sick "MANINGITIS" . I've been in a hospital for 10 days
    I dont have a health insurance no madicaid whatsoever.....
    And now I getting bills from the hospital close to $ 50.000.- US dollars
    I don't know what to do?? People say dont worry about it "Cant pay it dont pay it ". But I dont wanna leave it this way. Any advise would be a BIG help for me

Thank You!
    George

Hi everyone !
    I need your advise.
    Here is my little story. I came to this county more than 6 years ago with tourist visa. I found a sponsor, he applied for me an AOS in apr 2001.Since than I only received one letter from DOL. They transferred my case to the backlog center
    This year in May I got very sick "MANINGITIS" . I've been in a hospital for 10 days
    I dont have a health insurance no madicaid whatsoever.....
    And now I getting bills from the hospital close to $ 50.000.- US dollars
    I don't know what to do?? People say dont worry about it "Cant pay it dont pay it ". But I dont wanna leave it this way. Any advise would be a BIG help for me

Thank You!
    George

I dont know what to suggest you but what you can do is request them to make the payment in installment over couple of years. They shouldnt have problem with this. That way you can pay it off in long run...I shall try to find out more information on this for you...good luck...Pasha

You can try going to a credit solution company. They can help reduce your medical bills up to 40%, they say. No guarantee, but you can try calling them to ease your mind. Research on the Internet. There are tons of them...'debt reduction' is the keyword for Google. Hope this helps.

Thank you Pasha and Mary for your answers
    I was thinking about a long term payment but my financial situation not the best right now. I cant really pay a hundreds of dollars per month.
    Should I go to the hospital and make deal with them??
    Credit solution company They going to help me without a status and SSN ??

Well, what exactly do you want them to do in this situation then? You want to be put into a payment plan, yet you can't even afford the hundreds of dollars per month (reasonable assumption, based on the initial 50K debt).

What'll most likely happen is the hospital will write your expense as a loss and turned it over to the collection agency that will buy the debt for pennies on the dollar. From then on, you'll have to deal with them instead of the hospital.