50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: I-140 filed concurrently with I-485

Last week my husband's company filed I-140 for him (with Labor Certification approved) in Nebraska, they accepted the file for the I-140 but sent back the file with the I-485 and I-765 because there is not a visa number available.
    We are really confuse with this... That anyone knows what's going on? why they didn't accept our file to apply for residency concurrently with I-140? why can't we get at least working permits?

Can anyone advice us with this?
    Thanks
    YR

Last week my husband's company filed I-140 for him (with Labor Certification approved) in Nebraska, they accepted the file for the I-140 but sent back the file with the I-485 and I-765 because there is not a visa number available.
    We are really confuse with this... That anyone knows what's going on? why they didn't accept our file to apply for residency concurrently with I-140? why can't we get at least working permits?

Can anyone advice us with this?
    Thanks
    YR

Hi Yoha78,

You are one among the many affected by the so called USCIS retrogression. You cannot file I-485 until your husband's priority date is current. Priority date is determined by the date of the Labor Certification and also by the EB class it is applied for.

Please look into the current visa bulletin for the available visa dates for your reference. UCSIS will accept I-485 only when it is current.

Thanks

Yes, we check the priority date, and in his class "3rd" they are working on MAY2001

WOW! LONG WAIT

Thanks!

With the 245(i) cases getting cleared from the backlog center and priority given to Schedule A workers, there is no EB3 visas left for this year. You may likely to see some movement only after October 2006 and it is not sure how long it will move as well.

What is your priority date?

Thanks

You may want to check this thread:

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/...d.php?t=212178

and other relevant threads at www.immigration.com forum.

Good Luck,

IE

My priority date is APRIL/10/2006 and our H-1B visa will expire in August, I think we are going to renew it for 3 more years.

Thanks