50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Lost application

In June 2003, my Brazilian husband and I filed the I-130&45. My check was deposited, but the Boston office now has no record of our application. We have opened inquiries and sent numerous letter, and we have not received a response. Our lawyer told us that there is no way to remedy the situation. Has anyone dealt with a problem like this? Is there anywhere to turn for help with these problems?

In June 2003, my Brazilian husband and I filed the I-130&45. My check was deposited, but the Boston office now has no record of our application. We have opened inquiries and sent numerous letter, and we have not received a response. Our lawyer told us that there is no way to remedy the situation. Has anyone dealt with a problem like this? Is there anywhere to turn for help with these problems?

I am sorry to hear about your lost application. My advice would be to write to senators and tell them what happened, and they would let you know if they can help you or not. i am not familiar with your type of case, but I thought that this would be helpful. Let's see what someone else has to say about it...
    Good Luck!......

I would also highly recommend getting copies of the cleared checks if at all possible. That will make it more difficult to say that they are clueless, and then not do something to help out.

Once you have copies of cleared checks, etc. I would highly recommend that you contact a congressman or senator. If anyone can help, it will probably be them.

INS claimed that they lost my friend's file, which is much more valuable than just I-130 and I-485 forms (it contained about a dozen affidavits from doctors and other people, some about 60 pages in length, stuff that is difficult to replace...) SHe mailed it registered mail with signature required. It was received and when she told INS she has the signature of the person who signed for it, INS told her that they received the envelope but she forgot to put stuff inside. She had never heard such a ridiculous reply...
    She did have copies of everything, and she mailed them again.. When she was called for an interview, her file was very thick -- containing the miraculously found originals and copies...
    I would advise you to mail copies in and make it certified or registered mail, and enclose copies of cleared checks, and receipts of notice, if any.
    On the back of the check there will be your case number. Starts with 3 letters for the Service Center id it was filed in.

Find a copy of the cashed check (which should have a case number of some kind on it) and get along to your local senator or congressman. It may be possible for CIS to reconstitute the file with a little congressional prodding. Good luck.

Thanks so much for everyone's help!

Nothing p i s s e s off USCIS more than bringing in other gov't entities.
    Sweet Madame Belu