50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: What to do?!? Please help!

Hi..please please help me I am getting desperate. I have a boyfrined in the US,we're "together" for over 2.5yrs and are finally plannig to try2live 2gether. I want to go to the US but dont know how.Dont want the fiancee visa as I dont want to be forced to marry him in 90days..need more time to find out if we really fit when we are next to eachother every single day and not on visits only. Please help me how to stay there and be able to work until we find out if we want to get married? If I come on tourist visa, can I then file for anything..like H1 or green card? What do i need 4that? Can i change employers or can i not work at all??Please help me am so confused..am not a criminal just want to try a life with someone I love how hard can that be??? Thank you for all your suggestions!!!!!

Please can anyone help me here? You sure have some experiences and I have no clue... pleeeease!

You don't have many options visa wise as a fiance of a USC. You can't just "come over and stay and work". Apparently the U.S. Congress decided that 90 days is sufficient to "get to know" your future spouse. Even on fiance visa if you want to work you'd have to apply for Employment Authorization which could take longer then 90 days to obtain.

Having an American fiance your chances of obtaining a non-immigrant visa (B2, J1, F1) are close to zero. To obtain H1 visa you'd have to find an employer first and have the skills good enough for the job (Bachelors Degree is a must). H1 visa quota runs out very fast and you won't be able to enter the U.S. until October 2005.

Unfortunately there isn't much choice but a fiance K1 visa.

Cheers.

Personally, if you are really serious about this bloke and you want to find out more about whether you will be a match made in heaven, then either apply for a B2 tourist visa(6 months but you can't work), or come over on a visa waiver(providing your country particpates in it) and stay for 90 days(oh and you can't work on this either). Another suggestion would be to come over here as a student via the F1 visa. I'm not sure whether you can work on that visa but at least you can stay with him for the length of the degree which should give you plenty of time to find out if he is the one. The thing is if you have been togther now for 2.5 years, don't you know what he is like by now??????

Hi, thank you for all your suggestions I appreciate your help.
    Paddy, I do know what he is like and think it could work out, but you know it is very different when we only spend time on the phone and IM and see eachother twice a year for a week or so..its more like a dreamworld now not the real world with all the problems..thats what i can find out only when we live side by side long enough. And I dont want to marry and then have to divorce..too much trouble with that. We'll see. Thank you for your advices. I do have bachelors degree and hopefully we could file for H1 on his business..even though its a small one and he would have to "invent" a job for me...but if thats the only way Thanks anyway..and if u have any more ideas here with it Bye, chicken

All Grints go back to whatever ****LAND you came from!!!

Hey chicken..

I dont know about ur educaitonal background..but as Paddy stated...how about student visa ? u will have lot more time to find out what he is like... dont get me wrong ...but even if he is not the one...u will have ample of chances to explore other opprtunities too...good luck...Pasha

ALL GRINTS ARE THE SAME , ALL ARE ****STERS/FRAUDSTERS, I TELL YOU!!!

YES , EPIC, I KNOW, YOU RIGHT!!!
    THEY ARE ALL THE SAME ****!!!

HAVE YOU SEEN DEPO MAN AROUND?

NO, BUT LET ME CALL HIM!!!
    DEPO MAAAAAN!!!!
    DEPO MAAAAAN!!!!
    WAKE UP, DEPO MAN!!!
    COME AND GET THESE ****STER/FRAUDSTER GRINTS OUT OF HERE!!!

E p i c "t w a t ", you're order for the Ken rubber dolly is now in stock

YES, DEPO MAN IS RIGHT, ALL ****STER/FRAUDSTER GRINTS ARE AFRAID OF TRUTH!!!

DEPO MAAAAAAAN!!!

COME, LET'S KICK THIS GRINTS A$$ BACK TO WHATEVER BARBARIC ****LAND HE/SHE/IT CAME FROM!!!