free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CSS/LULAC Denied...what next???

My CSS/LULAC has been denied and it says that it cannot be appealed. Is there any way that I can resubmit the application and will I be deported? What can I file under now to get a work permit/road to citzenship?
    Thanks

My CSS/LULAC has been denied and it says that it cannot be appealed. Is there any way that I can resubmit the application and will I be deported? What can I file under now to get a work permit/road to citzenship?
    Thanks

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Swades:
    Thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you're 100% certain that you're a class member and you deem that the law has been misapplied in your case, you may file a motion (for reconsideration / to reopen) to the Commissioner adding new evidence or documentation in support of your claim of coverage. But in my opinion, your chance is too little to nil.

No, you cannot refile because the application opportunity has already sunset on December 31, 2005. And, no, you may not be deported after the denial. Removal is not provided for in the 2004 ruling for late filers even if applications are denied. But of course nobody is in the position to give you absolute guarantees, including me. A host of variables are out there especially for someone like you who doesn't have a valid immigration status.

Once again, any other alternative option available for you as of now is nothing much to nil. A US business may file for PERM on your behalf but it wouldn't give you an immediate immigration benefit (no work permit / no path to citizenship) so much so if you're not covered by Section 245(i).

Consult with an immigration lawyer.

(Just an opinion - take it or leave it).

To Swades, to help you in your case please answer the following question:-

Did they deny your I-687 css/lulac late amnesty application or Life Act I-485 application?
    What is the reason they deny your application? Did you go for interview? What happened?
    Which city do you live in?

Are you css or lulac? Also what kind of document you have to prove your presence from 81-1988?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Swades:

Why, can you not appeal?

From what I understand all applicants have the right to appeal an unfavorable decision, unless fraud is involved. If you have committed fraud then you can, and most likely will be deported.

Someone12
    just get the EFF out of MY country....

Someone12
    'LULAC' should be re-named "lie like"

You may wish to consult CSS/LULAC center (I did come up with quite a few websites that tell you what the process is and how to proceed in case of denial - just google and you will find).

Good luck

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Loue:
    To Swades, to help you in your case please answer the following question:-

Did they deny your I-687 css/lulac late amnesty application or Life Act I-485 application?
    What is the reason they deny your application? Did you go for interview? What happened?
    Which city do you live in?

Are you css or lulac? Also what kind of document you have to prove your presence from 81-1988? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1. They denied my LULAC
    2. They do not give me a reason in the denial letter.
    3. I went for an interview and had a lot of paperworl proof that I was present in the US since 1983. The only paper work that I didn't have was my I-94. When I told the interviewer that I lost my I-94, he immediately ended the interview.

Is there anything I can do?
    Thanks

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rough Neighbor:

If you're 100% certain that you're a class member and you deem that the law has been misapplied in your case, you may file a motion (for reconsideration / to reopen) to the Commissioner adding new evidence or documentation in support of your claim of coverage. But in my opinion, your chance is too little to nil.

No, you cannot refile because the application opportunity has already sunset on December 31, 2005. And, no, you may not be deported after the denial. Removal is not provided for in the 2004 ruling for late filers even if applications are denied. But of course nobody is in the position to give you absolute guarantees, including me. A host of variables are out there especially for someone like you who doesn't have a valid immigration status.

Once again, any other alternative option available for you as of now is nothing much to nil. A US business may file for PERM on your behalf but it wouldn't give you an immediate immigration benefit (no work permit / no path to citizenship) so much so if you're not covered by Section 245(i).

Consult with an immigration lawyer.

(Just an opinion - take it or leave it). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

All I really want is a work authorization. Here's what the denial letter stated:
    "A search of our records indicates that you do not have another CSS/Newman (LULAC) I-687 pending. Therefore, you are ineligible for work authorization and your application for employment, filed under Title 8, Code of Federal Regulations, Part 274a.12 (c)(22), is denied. There is no appeal to this decision."

Any suggestions?