50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Processing time...

My sister and her fiance are in scotland now.. they recieved a letter in the mail here in colorado.. saying the processing times for diffrent things.. under the petition they are filing for which is the K-1 Fiance visa it says April 29th, 2008. under the others it dont give a date just time frames such as 4 months, 2 months, 30 days ect... I was sonderin if April 29th was the date they will look at his papers, the date he will receive his papers, the date he can come back to the US?? CAN SOMEONE HELP PLEASE??
    FeFe

My sister and her fiance are in scotland now.. they recieved a letter in the mail here in colorado.. saying the processing times for diffrent things.. under the petition they are filing for which is the K-1 Fiance visa it says April 29th, 2008. under the others it dont give a date just time frames such as 4 months, 2 months, 30 days ect... I was sonderin if April 29th was the date they will look at his papers, the date he will receive his papers, the date he can come back to the US?? CAN SOMEONE HELP PLEASE??
    FeFe

The processing timeframe at the California Service Center where your sister filed the I-129F for your brother-in-law to be is 6 months. In this case, the April 29, 2008 that's said in the letter received in Colorado is supposed to mean the estimated time that USCIS will give a decision on the petition. If it's approved, USCIS will forward it to the NVC that will in turn forward it to the US Embassy/Consulate in Scotland, that will call your sister's fiancé for visa interview. Please you do the math. Hope this helps.