50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: What would be the best way???

I am illegal I came in this country without a visa and now I am married with an american and we want to file all the paperwork necessary to become a resident and a citizen...should we file I-130, G-325a, I-864 and I-485 all at the same time???? would it be worth ??? if it is not please advice us .....

I am illegal I came in this country without a visa and now I am married with an american and we want to file all the paperwork necessary to become a resident and a citizen...should we file I-130, G-325a, I-864 and I-485 all at the same time???? would it be worth ??? if it is not please advice us .....

There are many threads on this subject on this site. People who have filed everything, then gone through the waiver process, etc.

This is what you need to file:
    * I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status
    * G-325A, Biographic Information
    * Your original I-130, Petition for Alien Relative (if you are filing concurrently), or a copy of your I-797, Notice of Action (if the petition was already approved).
    * I-864, Affidavit of Support
    * I-693, Medical Examination of Aliens Seeking Adjustment of Status
    * All required supporting documentation as listed on the above forms.
    http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/legpermres.htm
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Came with no visa (EWI) = no AOS in US, must be processed through Embassy in your home country.

Came WITH valid visa, now illegal but an immediate relative of USC and beneficiary of immigrant petition = file I-485 and supporting documents for AOS in US.

Simple as that.

Good luck,

IE

Depends on what country she came from. There are countries like Canada where US visas are waived.

Canadians don't normally sneak in without inspection - they naturally come inspected, through the POE, with or without visa.

What a ****ster !

Candy?Jenny

why are you on this board asking the same question in 2 different threads?????? dont waste our time here if you dont like the answer you receive in another thread. Answere remains the same. If you sneak in, you cannot adjust status to get green card on US soil.

future reference. keep same thread going unless it is a different topic or question.

If you sneak in, you cannot adjust status to get green card on US soil.
    That's correct.

I suspect that candyjenny is a ****ster.

I need some adivce..I am from canada and came her in feb 2005 and have over stayed my time here, I came here to be with my fiance who is a Usc and we want to get married and do the paperwork for me to stay her legaly. But i called the us border and asked them what will happen now that i am here ilegaly and she said i would be banded for 10 years. do you know any ways around this ? or what i can do ? i really need some advice. thank you