Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advance Parole - need your input please

Hello,
    I arrived in the US on a tourist visa and spontaneously got maried to my husband ( US citizen). We went to see a lawyer to discuss our immigration paperwork. When I asked the lawyer about filing for advance parole, he told me that it was not even an option. According to this lawyer advance paroles would only be granted in absolute emergency situations with proof from a doctor. Furthermore the lawyer told me that the advance parole would only be approved at the same time the Alien petition was approved, which would take approx. 1 year.
    I was absolutely shocked about the lawyers information since it is very important to me to be able to go back to my family overseas.
    I have done a lot of research on the internet and could not find anything stating that Advance parole would only be approved for absolute emergencies only nor that it would not be approved until the alien petition is approved.
    I would like to add that I have not been in the US for longer than 90 days. I am very worried and would very much appreciate any input or experience you guys might have in regards to this matter. Thank you so much !

Hello,
    I arrived in the US on a tourist visa and spontaneously got maried to my husband ( US citizen). We went to see a lawyer to discuss our immigration paperwork. When I asked the lawyer about filing for advance parole, he told me that it was not even an option. According to this lawyer advance paroles would only be granted in absolute emergency situations with proof from a doctor. Furthermore the lawyer told me that the advance parole would only be approved at the same time the Alien petition was approved, which would take approx. 1 year.
    I was absolutely shocked about the lawyers information since it is very important to me to be able to go back to my family overseas.
    I have done a lot of research on the internet and could not find anything stating that Advance parole would only be approved for absolute emergencies only nor that it would not be approved until the alien petition is approved.
    I would like to add that I have not been in the US for longer than 90 days. I am very worried and would very much appreciate any input or experience you guys might have in regards to this matter. Thank you so much !

Michael
    That is complete BS. You can get advanced parole for any reason. Save yourself money and apply on your own or at least get a new lawyer. It takes about 6-8 weeks to get then shove it in that lawyers face.

Advance Parole USED TO BE only for emergencies, but not anymore. It is very important that when you apply for it you are not an overstay, otherwise even if it is granted you will not be allowed back into the US.

Michael not true.

You came here on tourist and got married now you want AP 'to go and see your family'? I doubt you will get it,unless you have good reason to ask for AP.How soon after getting here did u get married?

Whats the emergency that 'you have to' to go to? It better be a good reason or AP will be denied straight up.Exercise patience, thats what getting benefits is all about about.

Michael
    Look schmuck; my fraudster applied for AP and we had no problem; I know what I am talking about you bast@rd

AMERICA - LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT (BUT YOU BETTER GET THE AP FIRST)

Thank you very much for your replies.
    I got married about 60 days after I entered the US. Is it correct that you are an "overstay" if you have been in the US for more than 180 days before you file your petition?
    Thanks again

Michael
    Look Heidi Fleiss and pay attention. I had assumed you had already applied for adjustment of status (AOS). Once you apply for AOS, whatever status you had is invalid and you need the advance parole. IF you have not applied for AOS, you better. DO NOT TRAVEL OUT OF THE COUNTRY ON ANOTHER VISA ONCE YOU ARE MARRIED OR ELSE YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED BACK IN. If you do not apply for AOS and your visa expires, you will become officially out of status after 180 days and they frown upon that.

I think this is the only post Michael spoke sense, except that part about calling me names which I will ignore.

I know you are enjoying lucid moments everytime you make sense.

Welcome to the world of the normal Michael,not sure how long you will stay.

Heidi,dont quote me on AP, I think Aguila is right on this one.

Hello Heidi, I applied for AP 2/2002 and got approved in 8/2002, I-140(employment based petition) was approved 6/2002, filed for AOS 7/2002 and it's still pending at this time. My employer applied for the AP for me just in case there was an emergency in my family back home but I never get the chance to use it and it expired 8/2003 'coz I don't need to go back home. So, I think it's ok for you to apply for it if you really need to go home, hope this info helps. Have a great day.