publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: 2nd fingerprinting done,2nd interview before permanent residencey need help

Married to a USC for over 3 years. Had interview in 2002. Breen card wasnt granted at the time of interview as I had to file a J1 waiver,although the interview went very well.The J1 waiver recently got approved. I had to get fingerprinted a second time as 15months had lapsed since my petition is pending. Will I be interviewed again even though been married over 3 years and if so will my spouse have to go to it or will I recieve a notice of approval in the mail. Lastly....Will it take a shorter time for me to be interviewed if I do be since I already was interviewd before? Your comments are greatly appreciated!

Married to a USC for over 3 years. Had interview in 2002. Breen card wasnt granted at the time of interview as I had to file a J1 waiver,although the interview went very well.The J1 waiver recently got approved. I had to get fingerprinted a second time as 15months had lapsed since my petition is pending. Will I be interviewed again even though been married over 3 years and if so will my spouse have to go to it or will I recieve a notice of approval in the mail. Lastly....Will it take a shorter time for me to be interviewed if I do be since I already was interviewd before? Your comments are greatly appreciated!

Just a few questions:

Did you file the AOS marriaged based and your GC was denied?

Then you filed the J-1?

Approved.

What is this second interview for? The original GC AOS marriage based?

well with this waiver or with out the selection of people coming in the second interviews seems to be random. So the answer is maybe. If there is a second interview your spouse is required to go with you unless you guys are divorced and you can go to the interview by yourself.

of course once you are dovorcerd you file another waiver. its a big process i am sure you are aware of it.

Irish,

Was the AOS application denied and you refiled? If you were subject to the waiver and didn't get it your application should have been denied and you would have to refile. The regs are clear that a person who is subject to the waiver is ineligible to file for adjustment UNLESS they satisfied the 2-year foreign residence requirement or obtained the waiver PRIOR to applying for AOS.

My application was not denied, I still had the Employment document since the first interview.There was never a letter of denial of the case or the interview. I just had to file the waiver on that day . It is aproved and my question just was will i be interviewed again after being finger printed for the second time.\
    Thank u

Don't be surprised if it is denied. Maybe you will be lucky and the officer won't know the regs.