Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need to know the process

Step by Step PLEASE....

If I wantt o apply for the Fiance Visa what are the steps do I apply here? If I use a lawyer is it better? Does the Immigration communicate only with me? And I communicate with my Fiance? How is the process?????

Step by Step PLEASE....

If I wantt o apply for the Fiance Visa what are the steps do I apply here? If I use a lawyer is it better? Does the Immigration communicate only with me? And I communicate with my Fiance? How is the process?????

Thanks for the web address..

My question really is this..
    If I were to go to Mexico and marry my BF will I be able to file ? to brign him back to me and how easy or difficult to apply on the spot to bring him home?

If you marry your BF in Mexico then you would have to file a K-3 (since you would be married). K-1 is to bring your fiance into the country. You need to marry within 90 days of entry.

Mexico used to do DCF but no longer.

If you did a K3, It will take much longer than a K1. I would just do the K1 and visit him when you can.

If you are a Citizen you can also get married in Mexico, and file for I-130 which can be approved by the Consular Officer, and your BF will arrived as an Immigrant and after six to eight weeks he can get his GC valid for two years.
    Let see what others have to say which will be the fastest way to get him over here.

What is a DFC? So your saying that I should bring him over first and just visit when I can? How long will this take going that route? I just want him to be here is all. With me. One thing I did leave out is he has been here for 5 years will they detect that? And bar him? If I marry him in Mexico will that make any difference rather he was here or not by then he would be MY SPOUSE!!!

DCF is direct consular filing. What Adam describes is DCF. Mexico no longer does that so that is not an option.

You have two choices. Bring him in on a K-1 and marry him in the U.S. and then adjust status. Or, marry him in Mexico and file for K-3 visa. You must decide whether to remain in Mexico with him while your K-3 is being processed or return to the U.S. without him and have him join you once the K-3 is approved.

As far as the 5 years in the U.S., we need more details. Was he illegal, under what circumstances did he return to Mexico, does USCIS have any records of his arrival/departure, etc? These details may affect whether choosing K1 vs K3 is even possible.

Yes he was illegal while here. And he went back on his own, no deportation, nothing like that. USCIS has nothing on him he basically was here and abided by the rules never got into trouble.(other than being here illegally those of you that were ready to jump on that on) We just want to live the right way. Without looking over our shoulders all the time. SO which should I file? If I go the Fiance route I can't lie and never say I hadn't known him becasue that wouldn't be the case ya see. So marry in Mexico come back file which one? Do I have to live in Mexico? I hope not I have a house note and I don't want to give my house and job up I am too secure. What should I do?