free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ...

Your thread title says he called her the N word but i didn't hear him actually say it..hmmm makes me wonder if you are for or against what he said?
    "Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance than the color of his eyes everywhere will be war"...................BOB MARLEY

I've not yet read the links given but I'm surprised Dobb's used that the way he did. That certainly had a racial conotation.

Cotton pickin' is a phrase used in the southern states for years and to present but has diminished since new slang replaces old. It might've had reference to blacks years ago. For many years whites have and still use it toward other whites. I can't ever recall any whites hardly using the term specifically toward blacks. If so, that was years and years ago. For years I've heard whites use it as one might remark to his white brother, "Pick your cotton pickin' toys off the floor." "Get that cotton pickin' dog out of the house." Whites have used it without even thinking of it having any connection with blacks.

Carib

That probably was what Dobb's was thinking without actually using the N word. Dobb's didn't need to use those words cotton pickin'. That is so old, so southern, and in this context, racist!

I listened to it. He knew before they filmed this what they were going to discuss. I think he did it on purpose because he's got a name for everybody and I think he purposely spit that out and probably planned to stop himself right there because he wouldn't have to say the rest, people would know what he was thinking. He's knows better than to let that slip. If it was a slip up then it came out because he had the negative thoughts in his mind already. I still think it was on purpose.

Lou Dobbs is one long rant after another. I've yet to hear him say anything positive.
    "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Oh im not defending him by no means i know hes a racist but looking at the title of the thread i thought the word was acually said that's all.
    "Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance than the color of his eyes everywhere will be war"...................BOB MARLEY

It doesn't surprise me one bit that the "smart-ice* said that. In this context he didn't have to say anymore for anybody to not grab at what he was referring to. Saying that when speaking about a black woman, between intelligent professional people, he did it on purpose. In this context yes, cotton would go with the N word in the way he used it. And anybody in the south would pick up on that in a heartbeat because he was speaking about a black woman when he said it. In any other context nobody would think anything of it. He has something to say about everybody. I just can't believe he made that innuendo, I really can't!!

In this '06 discussion I found it shows where Dobb's used "cotton pickin'" before. I searched and see where that comes up a lot surrounding his name.

I started to say earlier that if a person uses that term on a regular basis then it wouldn't be that big of a deal when they use it because it would be taken as the same as any other they'd use. If he's used this a lot, then maybe he did stop himself because he realized that this wasn't the right time to use it. Unless he wanted to say "Cotton Pickin' Politicians" generally speaking but used before a person's name, a black person's name, I think he might've realized that it wasn't the right time. Since I see that he's used it before and if he has when speaking about politicians, then I might have to rethink this. I'd need to know how often he's been known to use it and in what respect. He also uses "doggone" which goes along the lines of cotton pickin' as it's been heard over the years.

DOBBS: "Well, What I'm arguing here, Jonathan, is that there's a reason for that doggone anxiety."

DOBBS: "I agree that this government is out of its cotton-picking head."

http://securingamerica.com/ccn/node/11060

(Talking about Fox News but cotton pickin' is used.)
    They don't rely on far-left or Marxist university professors for wisdom on every cotton-pickin' subject.
    http://www.proudtobecanadian.ca/index/weblog/comments/f..._news_channel_in_am/

I agree. I can't stand the guy. I've not checked if there's any more attention given to him about this. I'd think there would be though, don't you? He's on You Tube anyway and he got our attention here, eh?