50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: removal ordered at master hearing

I am the ex-spouse of a woman I sponsored on a fiancee visa. We are divorced. I withdrew my support of her I-751 becasue she moved out right after we filed it. She was issued an NTA and a masters hearing was scheduled. At the masters hearing the judge ordered removal (I called the ISTAT number). The time for her appeal has passed and ISTAT still does not have a future hearing date.

1. If she did not file an appeal on time can she file it late?
    2. What significance is it that the judge ordered removal at the masters hearing, is this usual?
    3. She is currently working, should she be?
    4. What can I do if anyhing to see if any appeal has been filed?
    5. Will they actually remove her from the USA or can she remain here?
    6. If there is an appeal hearing might I be called to appear?

I am the ex-spouse of a woman I sponsored on a fiancee visa. We are divorced. I withdrew my support of her I-751 becasue she moved out right after we filed it. She was issued an NTA and a masters hearing was scheduled. At the masters hearing the judge ordered removal (I called the ISTAT number). The time for her appeal has passed and ISTAT still does not have a future hearing date.

2. What significance is it that the judge ordered removal at the masters hearing, is this usual?
    6. If there is an appeal hearing might I be called to appear?

Why do you care?

You probably won't have access to her file under existing privacy law, but why does it matter to you (given that you are divorced, withdrew support and etc.)

I would rather not go into the specifics of why I care, they are quite involved. Let's just say that to this day she takes great joy in thinking she has beat the system. Anyone have any answers? It would be appreciated.

May be SOM should respond, he has a lot of experience in this.

lost in pa,
    i am in a similar situation. i did not sign my estranged spouses I 751. he was supposed to send it in 3 months ago. he is working illegally. when you withdrew your support, did they contact you? where did you send your withdrawl to?
    thanks

Jett, I sent my withdrawal to Vermont as that was were the I-751 was filed. I also sent a copy to the local district office (Philadelphia). Yes, they did contact me. I received a letter from the district chief advising me they had accepted my letter of withdrawal and any further action on the I-751 had been stopped. I had the letter notarized before sending. I went into details in the letter as to why I was withdrawing my support, I simply stated the facts and I left the emotion out of it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lost in pa:

6. If there is an appeal hearing might I be called to appear? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    1. She may file a waiver or ask USCIS to reopen the case.
    2. It is usual once you remove support and the termination date has passed.
    3. Probably not because the termination date on the green card ended her authorization for working.
    4. If she filed an appeal, you will only know if the mail is still being sent to your address. Otherwise, privacy laws will not allow you since you withdrew the support.
    5. Depends on whether she files the waiver, a late I-751 with one of the exceptions for joint filing, or file another adjustment of status based on employment criteria.
    6. You might, bur more likely no. USCIS does not want to get into the dirty little secrets of why she moved out.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

how long did it take until they contacted you, from when you sent the letter?