50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: I-817 Help

my parents applied under I-817 Family unity act in 2002. their decision to me was DENIED. Now when i checked it online the status, it said I-817 application for voluntary departure under family unity program. what is that mean. am i under deportaion?

my parents applied under I-817 Family unity act in 2002. their decision to me was DENIED. Now when i checked it online the status, it said I-817 application for voluntary departure under family unity program. what is that mean. am i under deportaion?

What was the reason for denial, what was written on the notice of denial? Was there any further correspondence? Were your parents placed in removal proceedings?
    If you nor your parents know answer to any of these questions, then simply file for FOIA (your Immigration file under Freedom of Information Act) and consult an immigration attorney.

Good luck,
    E.
    http://www.anbsoft.com/images/usflag_med.jpg

"...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit

i was over 21 and did not quality for it. so thereroe they denied it. My parents have still maintained their workpermit under life or family act. don't know which one. they are not placed in any removal or anything. infact my father just renewed his EAD card.

Perhaps you didn't fall under Child Protection Act?
    Just check the statute under which you were denied, ask your parents if further communication was mailed regarding your individual case and follow what I advised earlier.

Again, good luck to you.
    http://www.anbsoft.com/images/usflag_med.jpg

"...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit

prem05, I recommend you start your homework from your parents firt. Pls. talk to them and ask them under what application they applied for you and for themselves, until we know all the facts noone will be able to answer your question.
    You already have 2 threads now, one asking us howcome your parents are able to renew their ead cards, well chk. with them under wht application they are still covered. If they were refused life act/I-687, and they don't have any appeal pending they won't be able to renew their cards. And, need to know the whole situation, when were they refused and all.
    Now, in your second thread abt I-817 application, they must have applied for you under life act application in 2002. But, it stated very clear kids under 21 are covered only. On the contrary, under I-687 there is no limit on the age for the kids as long as they were under 21 in the year 1988. You just need to prove that you were here in United states in 1988. And the family unity case will be valid as long as your parents application is valid/pending, if it's denied then you loose your status too. So, you really need to talk to your parents and get all the fact. Also, need to know when was your I817 denied. If you want answers you need to get some details.

Sounds like you should be speaking with an immigration attorney. What part of the country are you in?