free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tsunami aid

My heart goes out for all the suffering caused by the disasterous tsunami. Would it be appropriate for this administration to forego the extravigant inaugration and just have a small dignafied inaugural ceremony? The funds saved then be used for disaster relief. I'm afraid if we go foreward with the planned gigantic celebration we will be highly critisized, and rightly so.

My heart goes out for all the suffering caused by the disasterous tsunami. Would it be appropriate for this administration to forego the extravigant inaugration and just have a small dignafied inaugural ceremony? The funds saved then be used for disaster relief. I'm afraid if we go foreward with the planned gigantic celebration we will be highly critisized, and rightly so.

The US doesnt care and you know that!!!!

Michael
    We are giving those savages 350 million in aid which is more than their entire net worth; these same savages cheered on 9/11 and laughed at humans jumping out of the World Trade Center; it disgusts me that we are helping them at all. America gets criicized no matter what we do so who gives a f u @ k what you think

Michael,
    I've cut you a lot of slack, in the past year, though you may not know it. Mainly, due to the circumstances which brought you here in the first place. But, please, can we agree to find a little more tolerance for 2005?

Wow, JD, my comment might have been directed towards Michael, but I was hoping it would be considered universally. I'm disappointed.

I believe we do care. However, we set our priorities where expenses occupying Iraq are more important and strategically at a higher level than aid to tsunami victims. I would argue that massive aid to rebuild and help survivors after this disaster may be the most strategically important thing the west could do to change the direction the west vs. Islam clash is heading at this time.

to appease Swissnut, I have erased my post.

I find what certain members of this thread are saying about the tsunami disaster disgusting... people lost families and friends, and you just talk with ignorance about the tragedy.

this can't be compared to 9/11... half-million are dead so far, plus the unknown, this is a great disaster... that effected multiple nations, including east-africa.

the fact america was so far away from this disaster obviously shows that this nation could not understand what that region of the world has gone thorugh so far... and not realize how lucky we are.

please, for once... cut the jokes, and realize this is something that at-least we should mourn with the people who suffered, and clearly something extraordinary - that would challenge the entire world, due to the scale of the problem.

don't even bring the iraq topic up, if iraq is a risk to the rest of the world, then what about preparing for the risk on nature... tsunamis caused by an earth-quakes, with richter scale above 9.0 is .... simply a total disaster.

click this link to see and understand how this crisis started:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:2...i_Complete.gif

our prayers and our hearts goes out to all who suffered.

by the way Michael: if you think we should laugh at those "savages", first - you have to be stupid enough not to realize that the tsunami killed Americans too. For your info - since you are an ignorant git, a tsunami is a series of waves caused by disturbance on the ocean surface... the word itself is originally a japanese word. You pointless num-nut!

Mo, thanks for the thoughtful post. Iraq was brought up only in the context of priorities. Since we are willing to put $100's of billions (that's BILLIONS)dollars into Iraq occupation(plus $40 million into inaugration) and rebuild for oil because it is our administrations highest priority, we may not see the tsunami disaster as high a strategic priority and also not have sufficient funding left to supply adequate funding for tsunami survivors and their rebuild. To me, the tsunami crises is more important just because all the help needed is just the right thing to do, in addition to being stretigically important to show we do care about Muslims.