free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Application for Cancellation of Removal

Who knows about that process? Will I be able to apply for work permission while this application is pending?
    “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

Who knows about that process? Will I be able to apply for work permission while this application is pending?
    “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

Why would you want to cancel your removal hearing ? If they are going to remove you, you will be afforded the opportunity to see a Judge. At that point you can plead your case and tell your story. There is a good chance the Judge will award you a green card on the spot. The other way, you’ll be in limbo for the rest of your life. When a family member falls ill, or dies in your home Country you’ll never be able to go back for a visit.

I have just sent in a letter to withdraw my appeal in exchange for a NTA. This was a very bold move on my part.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by unique:
    Why would you want to cancel your removal hearing ? If they are going to remove you, you will be afforded the opportunity to see a Judge. At that point you can plead your case and tell your story. There is a good chance the Judge will award you a green card on the spot. The other way, you’ll be in limbo for the rest of your life. When a family member falls ill, or dies in your home Country you’ll never be able to go back for a visit.

I have just sent in a letter to withdraw my appeal in exchange for a NTA. This was a very bold move on my part. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, that ought to tell you how little I know about immigration. I have received NTA - my Master Calendar Hearing is scheduled for Tuesday. Wouldn't I have to apply for Cancellation of Removal? I was just thinking whether I will apply for anything while there.

Don't I have to apply for something? I couldn't get in touch with my lawyer he's left early for the holidays while I am going nuts as to what to prepare. What if the dude falls into a "mailbox" on his way to court and I am there to defend myself? I am just collecting information.

My lawyer actually did give me a heads up telling me that this (once the MCH is done) will take a very long time also.

Just file the application for cancellation of removal with the IJ.

What would be the best thing to do? My lawyer didn't tell me anything. He was talking about obtaining a judgement prior to USCIS serving the NTA. He never mentinioned filing for cancellation of removal. Can I work if I file for cancellation of removal?

Federale? Can I?

Your attorney is a moron. He tried to get a judgement before the NTA was filed? You can't do that. No IJ can review a case before the agency files an NTA. There is no case before an NTA.

I hope he was talking about filing an appeal or motion to reopen with the agency.

Now that an NTA has been filed, your attorney must move either 1) cancellation of removal, or 2) prove to the IJ that USCIS made an error of law or fact in denying your application.

I was denied recidency based on a faulty translation. I just learned that he my lawyer is not going to be with me tomorrow. I shall speak up for myself.

You can't rely on anybody but yourself.

Thanks for responding.

Don't represent yourself. Big mistake. Go to the hearing but tell the judge your attorney is unavailable and you need to reschedule the hearing. And get another lawyer.

Koller,

federale86 is correct.
    the system Doe's not function as It should for the People.
    explain the situation and ask for a continuance!!!

Most judges are Not fond of the Practices of the current attorneys Either. Be Human!!!
    USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y